VIII

The amount of cramming useless information in ones head for an exam is insane. Especially since that exam was in almost four hours. The regrets Addison had was to one: take almost all AP classes and two: decide to not study for a big exam the night before winter break, and instead spent time making a pillow fort in her room.

She isn't a coffee drinker and sometimes doesn't even like to drink tea, but she forced herself to have a cup before her exam so she wouldn't fall asleep. She finished fifteen minutes before the end of class and could almost feel physical weight being lifted off of her shoulders as the bell rung. She took her list of assignments from her teacher and sprints to her locker to grab her bag and coat. Going home to drop off her bag and change, she rides towards the Whyte Wyrm to see her friends.

 Going home to drop off her bag and change, she rides towards the Whyte Wyrm to see her friends

She drums her fingers on the box she's holding as she meets Toni to wrap gifts to give to charity

She drums her fingers on the box she's holding as she meets Toni to wrap gifts to give to charity. They exchange hugs and help each other fold and tape. Five minutes in, the girls both had pieces of tape in their hair and their faces. Then Fangs and Sweet Pea come over to the girls with more gifts in their hands.

They sit it down and greet the girls. Fangs chuckles as he turns to Addison, tape all over her. "I was gone for like ten minutes. How" Addison laughs as Fangs takes pieces out of her hair, tucking some behind her ear as he does. "I blame that one," She points to Toni who stook her tongue out. He lightly laughs and continues to pull tape away. Addison turns back to Toni, Sweet Pea behind her and Toni notices his gaze on Fangs's hand on Addison's shoulder. She snorts at first and then nudges him in his side to calm down. Addison ruffles Fangs's hair after thanking him and helps the others finish wrapping gifts.

Toni and Fangs go to leave after some time so Addison goes to see them before they drive off. She pulls out two small bags from her jacket pocket and hands them to the serpents in front of her. She watches as the boy next to her pulls out a chain bracelet with a small fang charm hangs on the end. He smiles at it and puts it on. Then Toni opens hers to see a chain like Fangs's, but a necklace with a rhinestone. "It's a topaz rhinestone." She says and holds it up higher to see it. "Addison, this is so sweet." Toni says and gives her a big hug. "It's no biggie. I'll see you guys around. Happy holidays." She waves them off as they ride away and suddenly feels eyes on her. She turns around to see Sweet Pea with his hands in his leather jacket pockets.

"What was all that about?" He asks as she walks towards him. She goes to sit on the bench and brings her feet close into a cross legged position. "I gave them gifts. Speaking of which," she slowly goes into her jacket pocket to pull out a small, festively wrapped envelope. Sweet Pea's eyebrows raise in curiosity and reaches out to take it from her. Their fingers accidentally touch, he almost pulls away from how cold hers were. Addison  fidgets with her hands as Sweet Pea opens it up.

He finds a keychain with the familiar two headed serpent attached. The snake is an emerald green and had the gang's name in bold letters surrounding it. He held it in his palm. "It's, uh, for your bike. Ya know, for the keys." He looks up to see her eyes on him and    Goes to sit next to her. He digs into his jeans and pulls out his set of keys. Addison smiles as he puts the keychain on and shows her. "Thanks, Diner Girl."

"Wait a second. Did I hear you say thanks?" Addison jokes as Sweet Pea flips her off. She laughs at him and they get up from the bench. " You wanna go back inside?" Sweet Pea asks. Addison shrugs and he scoffs. "Of course you do, you're fucking freezing. Come on." She rolls her eyes, but falls into step with the serpent who's making his way towards the door. "Wanna play pool? Sorry, do you wanna lose at pool again?" Sweet Pea's mouth pops open in fake shock. "We'll see about that, Diner Girl."

"You sure about that?"

"You're on."

[A/N: it is such a shame that Luke Perry passed away a few days ago. He was nice and made such an impact to others, especially those who he worked with. Rest easy, Luke❤️]