XII

The night before cheerleading tryouts, Addison went to Toni's trailer home and the two of them practiced their routines

The night before cheerleading tryouts, Addison went to Toni's trailer home and the two of them practiced their routines. Addison was starting to get excited for the day, but tried not to keep her hopes up. However, the two of them are trying out in the middle of the semester, so they might accept them since there wasn't other competition. When Addison went back home, she helped make her dad dinner by cooking up a black bean burger. Music was playing in the kitchen as Aaron came back in. In his hand was Addison's old lacrosse bag. "For your cheer gear. Ha. That rhymed." Addison chuckles and flips two vegan patties. Aaron is vegan and can't just eat Pop's French fries all the time, no matter how delicious they are.

Aaron talked about work and Addison talked about school as they ate and later both said goodnight and got ready for bed. Addison took a shower and rested her somewhat dry hair onto her pillow, then soon feel asleep.

Addison walks into school and tightens her ponytail as she makes it to her locker. She spots Toni and they nod to each other. The bell rings as Addison is halfway to her class. She walks faster, takes a seat, and pulls out her monstrous pile of homework her teacher assigned. Hopefully the day can go by faster.

And to her luck, it did. Lunch time rolled around and it was only Toni and some other serpents with her. The boys weren't sitting with them and she didn't see them this morning, so she figured they weren't at school. She was slightly bummed not to see them, especially Sweet Pea which she was reminded every few minutes by Toni.

Addison sits at an empty lab table looking to see they would be starting a new chemistry project. Knowing this teacher, she suspects she'd be assigned a partner. As Addison waits for the start of class, she doodles on her notebook. The teacher gets the classes attention and starts to group up students. When it comes to Addison, she gets to be grouped with Sweet Pea who unfortunately isn't in class as she sees. However, she's excited to continue the lab with him for the next few classes. She gets part of the work done during class and goes on her phone, looking around to see the teacher not noticing.

She goes to his contact and types a few messages to then backspace and start again. Before the end of class, she sends Sweet Pea a message.

Hey, I can see you're not at school. Is everything okay?

Now it's the time the two brunettes were waiting for. Both girls quickly change into the locker room into athletic wear and head to the gym where their tryouts would be taking place. Walking in, Addison sees Cheryl along with a few other vixens sitting down with clipboards in front of them. She gives Cheryl a small smile to which she actually returns, her red lips turning upwards for Addison and then higher when she meets Toni's eyes.

"You girls ready?" One of the vixens asks them. They both nod and Addison decides to go first. She plugs her phone into the aux of a nearby speaker and plays her song she's using for her routine. They watch as she dances and soon the song ends, her trying to catch her breath in a split. Her early years being a gymnast paid off for this moment. The vixens clap and she sees that Cheryl seems satisfied.

Next up was obviously Toni and Addison whispers good luck as they pass each other. Her music plays and she dominates her tryouts. Addison was mentally cheering her on and saw that Cheryl really seemed to like hers. After the applause, the girls were given questions by the vixens about their commitment to the group.

The gym's walls echo the sound of pens scribbling and the two girls stand next to each other, waiting for what's to come. "Alright ladies, the three of us will discuss your fate. You two can change and come back." Cheryl says and they do as she says. In the locker room, they both compliment their performance and make it back with their gym bags in hand.

Cheryl stands in front of them with a smile. "Congratulations, you both made the Riverdale cheerleading squad!" She pulls two pairs of uniforms from behind her and hands them to her happy peers. The girl next to Cheryl then hands them a schedule for practicing cheers and sports games for them to be. Addison eventually makes it to the exit and sees Cheryl and Toni talking about something. She shrugs and goes out to her motorcycle, ready to tell her dad the good news.

Turning her phone off of silent since school, she sees she got a message from Sweet Pea a while ago.

Everything's good thanks. Fangs and I had serpent business to take care of. See you tomorrow, Diner Girl 😉

The next day comes and Addison comes strolling into school with her cheer uniform on with a matching blue long sleeve underneath to keep her warm in the still cold season. She could certainly feel eyes on her and grins seeing Toni wearing her uniform too. She sees Fangs and Sweet Pea talking to her, the group still not seeing Addison yet. Sweet Pea makes a joke the group which causes Fangs to roll his eyes. He spots Addison in her uniform and gets his friend's attention. He looks and could feel his eyes glued to the girl coming their way. "Careful Sweet Pea, don't want to get drool on your shirt." Toni says and Fangs chuckles. The two of them continue their conversation and the serpent goes across to Addison who's now at her locker.

He sees the blue and yellow pom-poms in her top shelf as she opens it and turns to him, leaning against the locker next to her. She looks up, taking in his entranced state. "I could get used to this," He says gesturing to her skirt and she scoffs. "Good to see you too, Sweet Pea." She grabs her books from her locker and steps back preparing to close it. A few kids pass the two and someone bumps into Addison. Luckily Sweet Pea is able to get her before she fell. "Thanks," She says and turns her attention to her locker, hiding her blush from their sudden contact. She can still feel his hand on her waist.

"So what was that serpent business you were out for?" Sweet Pea hand still on Addison and she was trying to hardest to act like it wasn't making her freak out. "Oh, nothing crazy, FP needed some help with something." She nods and her brows pull together. "So everything is okay right?" He nods at the concerned girl and she takes a small breath of relief. The warning bell comes on and the two look at each other. "See you at lunch and chemistry?" Sweet Pea says, his hand slowly sliding away from her. "You know it." She smiles and clutches her books to her first class.

She had the same thought for the rest of the day. Him holding her the way he did. She was wondering when she would do things with him if he felt the same as she did.

He did. It gave him butterflies in his stomach.