XV

It was a slower hour and Addison was reading a book as Reggie comes into the diner

It was a slower hour and Addison was reading a book as Reggie comes into the diner. He says a lame pick up line to Addison which made her roll her eyes. She briefly looks up from her book. "Did hitting on every girl in sight make you work up an appetite?" Before he could even come up with an answer she says "Sit down Mantle I'll be with you." And returns back to the story in front of her.

A minute passes and the bell rings again. She looks up again and sees Sweet Pea walk up to where she was sitting. She smiles and bookmarks her page. "Hey." She says and he says the same. "Are Toni and Fangs with you?" Her eyes track Sweet Pea's arms as they now lean against the counter and he nods. "They should be coming in soon." "That's great! Um pick a booth and I'll see you in a second." She passes him and skates to her other customer.

Taking out her pen for the order she asks what Reggie wants to eat, but then crosses her arms when she sees what his focus was on.
"I am not the menu Reggie." She points to the menu in his hands and he looks down. He orders a burger and she writes down the toppings he wants. "Something to drink with that?" "Make it a milkshake."

She can feel his eyes on her again and sees Reggie look her up and down once more. She clears her throat to get his attention. "What flavor?" "Vanilla" He winks at her and laughs at his own joke as she makes a sound of disgust. "Perv." She says under he breath as she goes to Pop with the order.

At the other booth, Toni and Fangs who recently came in watch as Sweet pea balled his fists tightly, tracking the bulldog with a harsh glare. When she leaves his table he gets up and walks over to her. "Is he bothering you?"

Addison sighs and grabs Reggie's milkshake. "Sweet Pea it's fine." However, the boy shakes his head and walks over to the jock's table. Reggie brings his hands behind his head. "Oh look it's the lumber-jackass." "You're one to talk, wanna be Ken Doll."

"Okay, woah woah." Addison starts as she skates in between the two of them. She puts her hand to Sweet Pea's chest to gently hold him back from the jock. "It's okay. Just go back to your booth." She gently says and turns to Reggie.

"Reginald," She leans in, her nostrils slightly flaring as she grips the end of the table. "As a worker here, I can refuse service to anyone-which means you especially-like that. Consider this a warning before you're kicked out. And we don't want anything to happen like it did in September, right?"

"Right," Reggie nervously laughs. She could see him lean away from her and she turns around, going back to her other work duties. At her friends' booth, Sweet Pea sits back down with a huff. "Okay Sweet Pea, what was that?" Toni asks. "What?" He asks and she tilts her head towards their friend. "He was bothering her and he shouldn't- Why are you making that face?" She had a knowing look on her face and looked at Fangs. The serpent didn't know what was going on so he just watched them and took a sip of his milkshake. "I don't know why you're making that face." Toni chuckles when he tosses a fry at her.

Addison waits for the bulldog to pay and leave before she took her break and slid into her friends' booth. She unties her apron as the bell rings again and Jughead walks towards the group.

"Hey Jughead, Whats up?" Toni asks confusedly since they weren't expecting to hang out with him that night. "I got some bad news. I just got off the phone with my dad and it turns out they're demolishing south side high." "What?!" The group asks in unison. Addison looks to her friends and back to Jughead. He nods his head at her signaling he said was what she heard.

He goes into detail and swearing about Hiram Lodge having to do with it. "He does realize this isn't his town right? And that he can't just do whatever and take whatever he wants?" Addison's watch beeps and she takes her skates off, sliding out of the booth. She comes back out of her uniform to see Jughead getting up. "That's why I'm leaving. Tonight. And my dad, a few serpents, and I are chaining ourselves to the school." They all wish him good luck and the three other serpents discuss the protest as Addison ties her shoes.

She gets a message from her dad and sees he also heard the news. She wants to do something about it and so does Aaron. She texts him that they can talk about it tonight and says goodbye to Pop. She walks with Toni  as they make it to their bikes and kicks a stone as they get closer.

"What do you think about the whole school thing?" Toni asks as they come closer. "The whole thing is crazy and the south side doesn't get a break." Toni laughs. "We know." "Does Reggie give you a hard time like that or? Because Sweet Pea seemed pretty pissed off that he was being the way he was." They lean against their bikes and Addison pulls her keys out of her jacket pocket. "He's an asshole and a total fuckboy but he should know not to mess with me." "And why's that?" "The beginning of the semester, I got into a fight with him and almost broke his nose." Toni's eyes widen as Addison nods. "You have to FaceTime me and tell me about it oh my gosh." Toni hugs her and Addison watches as she rides off. Addison sees the sun setting and turns around from hearing footsteps behind her there. "Hey." She greets sweet Pea, wrongfully assuming that he left with Fangs and Toni.

"Hey. I just wanted to make sure you're okay. You know, with Mantle and stuff." "Yeah it's fine, you don't have to worry about it." She takes a step closer to him. "I just want to make sure you're okay." "Sweet Pea you already said that." He sighs and Addison can tell he was trying to find words to say, so she decides to pull him into a hug. "I care about you and I don't want you to get hurt," He says, with his face turning pink which Addison could feel.

"I care about you too," she says after a pause and pulls back a little to look at him. "Which is why I didn't want you to get into a fight and get hurt. He does take wrestling you know. I mean he isn't the best but" Sweet Pea tilts his head to the side. "How do you know all that?" "I'm the leader of his fan club." She sarcastically says and shakes her head. "The Vixens know all of the athletes because of cheer. But it doesn't matter. Okay?" Sweet Pea nods as they let go and Addison watches as he then leaves the diner parking lot. She prepares to go, hoping to talk to her dad about the protest.

[A/N: sorry this is a little late and it sucks oops but I saw Endgame today.That's all I'm saying k cool.]