XXI

"Hey Addison," Aaron Galloway says as he comes up to the counter in Pop's. She smiles at first but then leans away from Sweet Pea who was on the stool across her. He looks up from his seat and sends Aaron a nervous but polite smile. Sweet Pea pulls his arm from the counter and becomes very interested in the keychain in his hands. Addison comes around and stands further away from her boyfriend and gives her dad a hug. She told Toni the night before and she seemed happy. But she only told Toni, not her dad.

"I got some tickets for the show tonight." He hands her them and she inspects the three tickets in front of her and looks back to her dad. "An extra. If anyone needs one or if you wanna bring a friend." He looks over to Sweet Pea who smiles. "I heard it's going to be good. I'm more of a Heathers guy, but I'd like to show some support for Riverdale."

"That's really nice dad. Would you like anything to eat?" "I'm okay, hun. I'm just stopping by. I'll see you at home." After they say their goodbyes and hug, Addison turns back around to Sweet Pea. "He totally knows." She rolls her eyes, going to clean a table up from the leaving customers. As she picked up the plates she turns her head and says "It could've easily been any one you guys," over her shoulder. She checks her watch to see that she only had a few more minutes left.

She sees Pop Tate open the diner door and went to change out of her uniform. Sweet Pea sighs. "We have some time before the play. You wanna take a walk?" Addison looks out of the diner windows to see the sun shiny through some clouds. The weather was nice out for once so she accepted. The two get up and pass by their parked motorcycles.

As the diner became further away, the two held hands and Addison kicked a stone on the sidewalk. Since the Black Hood was killed, she felt safer being places and walking around. She squeezed Sweet Pea's hand and he looked at her. She kissed him which caught him off guard, but he kissed her back. He chuckled after they pulled apart. Seeing a smile on her face made his heart race as they continued to enjoy the town.

After their walk, Addison and Sweet Pea returned to their motorcycles after getting milkshakes at Pop's. Addison opened her door to see her dad on the couch on his computer. He had headphones in, but from the close of the door, he looked up to see his daughter and her friend. They both say hello and continue to go down the hallway to Addison's room. After being told to keep her door open, Sweet Pea smirked at his girlfriend's red face.

The two play music and lay on her bed, Sweet Pea stroking her hair and Addison rubbing her thumb over his knuckles. They talk quietly as the sun was setting outside of her window. Soon, it was about time to go to the play and Addison wanted to change. Because of this, she ushered Sweet Pea to the hallway and then closed the door to change in privacy.

On the other side of the door, Aaron greeted the serpent

On the other side of the door, Aaron greeted the serpent. "It might be a little cool in there with the air conditioning. Here." He holds out an old green sweatshirt to him. "It's okay, I don't wanna" "I insist! Or you could use one of Addisons." He laughs and Sweet Pea takes the sweatshirt from him; they both knew her hoodies wouldn't fit him being the size and height he was. The door behind him opens.

"Is everyone read..." Addison spots the sweatshirt Sweet Pea was now wearing and tugs on the fabric. She hums and walks through the hallway, the two behind her. Aaron pulls out his car keys and lets the kids go into the car before getting into the drivers seat.

The place was packed and literally the whole town was there

The place was packed and literally the whole town was there. The three sit towards the back of the room, moving across a sea of excited viewers. Soon the lights dim and the curtains were raised. The crowd became silent, watching the characters sing the opening song.

Sweet Pea and Addison smiled as they saw the red lockers in the next few parts of the play. The lights were off, but they could feel each other's warmth from being beside each other. Soon Alice, Betty's mother went on stage. Addison leaned over Sweet Pea to her dad and they both chuckled at her appearance in the play. When she settled back into her seat, she put her arm on the armrest and inched her pinky to Sweet Pea's. They linked theirs together after sharing a small smile, the stage lights reflecting in their eyes.

The scene was being set and the curtain raised. As Addison squinted to see the stage, screams filled the air and that's when she saw it. Her and everyone else got up in the shock of what was on stage. At first she thought it was a part of it but saw the haunting message that was painted above.

Midge? Addison asked herself. There was no way that...I thought he was dead. She felt glued to her spot as all chaos unleashed in front of her. Her eyes were filled with tears, ruining her vision. Not only did someone she know get murdered, but that also meant-

He's alive.

He's back.

We aren't safe anymore.

[A/N: Hey everyone! I hope everyone is having a good end of their school years or for some of us a good beginning to summer vacation. Enjoy this chapter it's really bad sorry. Make sure to vote, comment, and share. Thanks!]