XVIII

"Geez all of a sudden we're in the middle of high school musical," Addison mumbled as she sat in a room with the kids who were talking about -and singing songs from- the play

"Geez all of a sudden we're in the middle of high school musical," Addison mumbled as she sat in a room with the kids who were talking about -and singing songs from- the play. Sweet Pea snorts as he took a seat right next to her on the couch in the middle of the room. She raises a brow at him and teases "All the empty spots and you chose" "I'll move then," he teases back but she pulls him back down. The other students were oblivious to their flirtatious actions and close proximity. Toni sat across the couch but was entranced by a girl with red curls going through her lines in front of her.

It was still the early stages of the production, but the students were very busy reading lines and memorizing the song lyrics. Because it was musical, there was more to be done. Fangs came in and found his friends waiting expectantly for him to speak. "Hey, you're here! Do you want to paint some of the props? They're on the stage." Addison smiled at her friend and pat him on the shoulder as she got up. She and Sweet Pea came to help him out since he worked with Kevin for the musical. "Of course, Fangs." He sighs a breath of relief and thanks them before looking for a more stressed Kevin.

As Sweet Pea and Addison make it to the stage room, they spot cardboard boxes made to look like lockers and red paint. Luckily, there were a few aprons left with the rest of the supplies and make it up the stage steps. As Addison continues walking to get an apron, she hears Sweet Pea behind her and turns around. "Oh my gosh. I would like to thank the academy for this award," she tries to hold in her laugh as she pulls out her phone and takes a video of him. He was standing front and center, holding a paintbrush in his hands. He turns around, still in character until he sees her recording him. She laughs and quickly tucks her phone in her pocket before he could delete it. She throws him and apron and begins to paint the cardboard boxes.

She sees Sweet Pea roll up his shirt sleeves in the corner of her eye and turns her head when he looks at her. She turned a moment too late though because he says "Like what you see?" Sweet Pea wiggled his eyebrows.

Yes, she thought but just rolled her eyes at him and they painted. As she continued on, he turned to look at her and saw a small smile on her face. He turned back with one on his and dipped his paintbrush into the red in front of him. She looked at him and sighed, tucking a lock of her hair behind her ear.

Sweet Pea thought it over multiple times in his head and finally went for it. He began to get up from his spot on the floor. "Addison," she looked up from not only hearing her real name but from the way he said it; it made her heart race. He was closer to her now, and suddenly leaned in. Like she was on autopilot, she put down her brush and felt herself getting closer to him. They both looked into each other's eyes and he saw hers flicker down.

To his lips.

Their lips met in the middle slowly, Addison's arms wrapping around his neck. He cupped her cheek with one hand and ran his other through her hair, taking in the smell of her perfume. His lips were soft against her own. They eventually pull away from the kiss, catching their breath. They nervously laugh, their foreheads still touching.

Sweet Pea clears his throat. "Addison, will you be my girlfriend?" Sweet Pea asks. She looks into his eyes again and smiles. "Yes, Sweet Pea. I would love to." He laced his fingers with hers and went down to kiss her again.

Fortunately, when they pulled apart, the door swung open and the two looked up to see a few other students come in. Fangs was behind them with Kevin, both holding clipboards now. Addison put the supplies away, and parked the boxes to the side to dry so the cast could use the stage. "Thanks again for helping out," Fangs says to the two and they say it was nothing. Toni came in and stood beside Fangs, greeting them. Turning to talk to Sweet Pea, her eyebrows pull together. "Is everything okay?" He asked and she shrugged. "Yeah, you just got some paint on your shirt. You too Addy." After she left to go with Fangs, they both looked down at their shirts. Just like she said, red spots were left on their clothes.

When they realized they had smudges of it on their hands, their faces turned red just like the paint.

[A/N: zoo wee mama. Thank you all so much for the votes and 7k! That's crazy tysm ❤️ make sure to share and comment your feedback. Have a good weekend!]