XXIII

"Shit, shit, shit." Addison's motorcycle wouldn't start and she needed to find Fangs. Jughead called her before and told her he was taken to jail because they thought he killed Midge. They knew that wasn't true but a video was sent out and now everyone thinks it was him. She gave up and ran towards the station as fast as she could.

As she grew nearer, she heard angry protesters swearing his name and saying they wanted him outside. Calling him killer and awful names rung in Addison's ears more than she wanted. She tried to find another way in, and suddenly she was pulled through the side door. She turned to see Toni, who then looked through the door at the crowd.

She spots Fangs who put his hand on his heart, relieved it was her. She pulls him into a hug and makes him look into her eyes; his were lined with tears. She takes a shaky breath. "Fangs listen to me: we're here, okay? We're gonna help you out. Take a few breaths with me."

They could tell he was still overwhelmed, so Jughead came back over to him. The yelling outside became louder and Jughead puts his arms around Fangs and Toni's shoulder, bringing the serpents together. "Let's stand together so none of us falls.The others do in unity there's strength!"

The serpents yell back "In unity there is strength!" Sweet Pea's eyes meet Addison's. They nod at each other and everyone prepares to face the crowd. They open the door and walk out, holding tightly to each other.

As, they push through the crowd, Addison spots a blue and gold jacket in the corner of her eye. She then sees and then turns to see Archie and Reggie fall to the ground. Everything felt like they were in slow motion and before she knew what was happening, a gunshot filled the air. Addison turned around to Fangs, relieved that he was okay.

Until she saw a growing red stain on his shirt.

Fangs looked down and fell from the amount of pain. Jughead and Addison were quick to grab him before he collided with the concrete. People were fighting left and right now as they tried to put pressure on Fangs's wound. Toni held his head and looked worriedly to Addison. She yelled out "We have to get him to the hospital!" And tried to lift him up. She sees Sweet Pea and he makes room though the crowd for them to quickly escape. Archie appeared next to them and gave them the keys to his car. As they piled in, Addison watched Archie look out to the crowd again before grabbing his baseball bat.

"Archie what is it?" "It looks like some of the serpents are going into the school." She looks out of the car to see her boyfriend pacing in the direction of the building, its silhouette illuminated by the street lights. "We gotta go." Jughead says as he starts the car. Before they drive away, Addison looks back to Archie. "Make sure my boyfriend doesn't do anything stupid." He nods firmly and parts ways with the car as they speed off towards Riverdale hospital.

"It's okay Fangs, you're okay. We're here. You'll be okay."

[A/N: anyone having a good summer so far? Thanks for 17k! Make sure to vote, comment, and share. H.A.G.S!]