XIII

-Addison-

You know those movies where everyone is all lovey-dovey and greatly express it in the hallways? Now imagine you are in said hallways and are pushing through just to get to your locker. Ugh gross.Valentines Day, I like the holiday, but being in Riverdale high with weird talking hormonal teenagers for like eight hours today makes me want to vomit a little bit more than every other time here.

It has its perks, like splitting a box of chocolates with Toni. She clears her throat after eating a piece. "You should definitely come hang with us at the Wyrm tonight!" That's kinda odd. "On a school night?" I ask. Friday is a day away and I know damn well I have assessments in the morning. Damn, I don't even have a study hall to study for that today.

"Only if you can. No pressure, Addy." I nod as Cheryl walks by and hands us a tiny booklet of heart stickers to get into spirit. Must be a vixen thing because I see her stop by our cheer mates further down the hall.I tuck mine into bag. "But if you do come," here it comes. "Swee" "Cool. Yup. Got it." So lucky he isn't near us.

~

Addison changes into her cheerleading uniform, plus a pair of royal blue sweatpants. She knows they would have to work on the lab today and didn't want to risk getting burnt. She is one of the first few people in class like always and put her hair into a ponytail. As she waits for the last few minutes before class to go by, Addison doodles on the corner of her lab packet. She didn't sense that Sweet Pea took a seat next to her until he takes his pen and writes 'hi' on her paper.

Addison goes into her bag as she notices he's wearing a short sleeve shirt. "You know, you should've worn a long sleeve," She says and gestures to her own. He gives her a look and she simply shrugs before grabbing more materials for their lab. She then reaches into her bag and feels stickers. Taking them out, she pulls Sweet Pea's arm which almost makes him fall out of his stool. She peels off some of the hearts and puts them on his arm. He sees the hearts and smiles before taking one from the pad and sticking one on her cheek. She giggles and points to his sticker covered arm. "You have been warned." And soon the class starts.

Last period finished and Addison was clutching her books as Sweet Pea walked next to her. "Sweet Pea, for the last time I have to study tonight!" He sighs and then gets an idea. "Or..." Addison's eyes wide and quickly says "No, we are not doing that."

"Only joking. But after studying then? You'll come see me at the Wyrm?" She looks at him and simply says "I'll think about it." He groans as they reach her locker. She puts her books in her backpack as he leans against the locker next to hers. He watches the crowd leave to the parking lot and Addison closes her locker.  She started her way to her motorcycle with Sweet Pea in tow, trying to convince her to come. She finally turns to him and rolls her eyes at the boy. "I'll see you tomorrow, Sweet Pea." He puts her helmet on and rides home, leaving him to sigh in defeat.

Later at home, Addison went through her notes and highlighted they key terms, then she memorized them. She felt slightly confident after finishing studying and looked at the clock. It wasn't that late, but she pondered if she should go or not. She peeked her head through her door and looked across to her dad's office. "Hey Dad, could I go out tonight?" Aaron looked up from his papers to his daughter. "Uh maybe," he starts and she makes her way over to him. "Are you're friends going to be there?" She nods. "Where is it?" She replies, "The Wyrm." His eyes narrow. "Will there be drinking?" She knows her dad trusts her but she also knows he likes to know details about where she goes. "Probably, it is a bar after all." He nods. "Will you be drinking." It's been a while since she's been to a party; the last time she was at one it was with her ex. She spoke truthfully to her dad. "Its a possibility."

"If that is the case you ask your friends to take you home okay?" "Of course." "Or you can call or text me to pick you up." She thanks her dad and he lets her go. She quickly gets changed and says goodbye before she gets onto her motorcycle.

 She quickly gets changed and says goodbye before she gets onto her motorcycle

She notices how crowded it was with people and couples

She notices how crowded it was with people and couples. She didn't see anyone she really knew; she felt slightly awkward and decided to just walk around the place. She got a lot of kind smiles and friendly hellos from regular serpents she sees as she went around. The music changed and many people went to find someone to dance with as she leaned against the wall. On the other side of the bar was Sweet Pea and Fangs, who were now being approached by a few girls.

Sweet Pea took a sip from his drink as the girls tried to talk to them. He shared a look with Fangs they obnoxiously laughed at what he said. A blonde girl was asking Sweet Pea to dance with him but he tried as best he could to shrug her off. From the corner of his eye, he saw a familiar face watching the dance floor. He wished Fangs good luck with the girls and made his way over to her.

Addison turned away from the crowd and looked at the various pictures along the wall of the bar. Suddenly she felt someone hugging her behind. She almost turned around to hit them, but saw a familiar keychain dangling in their hands. "You made it." She heard Sweet Pea say in her ear.

She turned around, thankful for the dimly lit room to hide her blush. "I did say that I would think about it." He put his keys back in his pocket and she noticed the stickers were still on his arm. He then pulled something out of his other pocket and Addison got closer to see what it was. He looked around them and then handed it to her. "What is" And then she saw that he gave her a heart shaped valentine. "Happy Valentines Day, Diner girl." She smiles up at him and he took her hand in his.

"Come on, I'll show you where our friends are," He says. His hand still in hers as he guides her through the crowd. Behind a smiling Sweet Pea was a smiling Addison as they weave their way through.

[A/N: Hey everyone! Sorry for the late update but I was at a concert last night and holy moly it was so gooooood! Anyone know Roy Blair? Dale. I hope everyone has a good weekend! Make sure to vote, comment, and share.]