XXIV

After Jughead left, Toni and Addison sat in the hospital waiting room, nervously shifting in the hard chairs. They didn't say anything, they only held each other's hands and occasionally looked at the clock across them. The doors opened and they saw FP Jones and Aaron run into the lobby. Both girls got up and the four of them came towards each other. Addison and her dad hugged and she also gave FP one.

The two girls gave them Fangs's status in stressed whispers as they spot a doctor coming towards them. They all stopped and looked at the doctor as she took off her mask.

"Fangs Fogarty. They were able to take the bullet out and have given him what he needs. He's recovering right now. Because of the blood loss, he is unconscious, but if you would like to see him, I can lead you to his room."

They collectively release a breath and follow the woman down the hallways. When they get to his room, Addison slowly pulls back the curtain, showing Fangs. He was sleeping peacefully, but there was a bunch of IVs attached to his arm and a heart monitor next to his bed. It was sure a frightening sight, but they were all glad that he was okay. Toni went over to his side and grabbed him hand, whispering something in his ear. Addison turned around to FP and her dad to see them talking about something and came closer.

"What is it?" She asked. FP sighed at the girl and got her and Toni together. "We have to keep this a secret." "What the hell do you mean?" Toni asked, her brows pulling together. "We have to lie to people." Addison pulled away from FP's hand on her shoulder and closed the door. She turned around with balled fists.

"So, you're saying that we tell everyone that he died. We're gonna lie to his best friends, the serpents, his family, that he died? What kind of sick joke is that?" Aaron went over to try to calm her down. "No, no, no. Listen, we need him to be safe. And with word going around that he's gone, other people won't go looking for him and trying to hurt him. It's for his own safety."

After a few moments, she sighs and looks over to Toni for her opinion. She too took the time to figure it out and agreed to the idea.

After saying quiet goodbyes to Fangs, the four of them headed to the Whyte Wyrm where the serpents were staying. All of them turned with expected expressions which pained Addison; lying to the serpents and Sweet Pea about Fangs. Just then, Cheryl Blossom ran through the door, exclaiming that Hiram is sending cops to raid the Wyrm. Addison finds Sweet Pea in the crowd and pulls him close. Archie clears his throat next to her and asks her to talk with him and her dad. Him, her dad, herself and FP come up with a plan to avoid the raid.

Coming back to her boyfriend, she put her hand through his and leaned against him. Before announcing their plan, FP told the serpents that Fangs didn't make it and Toni and Addison held him when Sweet Pea started to cry. Addison whispered that she was sorry over and over into his chest. Not just for the 'loss' of their friend, but lying to him like that.

-
"Yeah? And how do we do that? No where is safe for us." Addison saw Sweet Pea's hands clench into fists beside her. "We've been offered safety on the Northside." And with that, everyone grabbed what they needed and stealthily ran out into the night.

Everyone was anxious and scared but they pulled through. Aaron and FP split the group in two, Archie taking some to his house with FP, and Addison taking the rest with her dad.

Aaron quickly unlocks the door and taking a look inside before letting the rest of the serpents in. Addison stayed to the back and checked around to make sure no cops or anyone else was around. She closes and locks the door, and goes straight to the linen closet to grab blankets for everyone. Aaron goes to his room and takes the extra pillow to give it to an older serpent who was exhausted.

As Addison finishes giving everyone sleeping materials and space to rest, she texts Toni. She walks into her room to see Sweet Pea with his head in his hands. She bends down to meet his eyes and calmly says "Let's go to bed, babe. Cmon, you need to sleep." He gives in and lays down on her bed. Addison goes to say goodnight to her dad and to check in on the serpents. Closing the door, she goes over to her boyfriend and tiredly smiles at him. He was almost asleep, cuddling her pillow. She slowly lays down and gives him a kiss. He replaces the pillow for her in his arms, and goes to turn off her lamp. Though she was comforted, she kept thinking to herself:

How did Riverdale even get in this mess?

[A/N: sorry it's kinda late but I hope you enjoy! Make sure to vote, comment, and share. Byeeee!]