XI

Addison usually sat alone in the cafeteria even when Jughead still went to her school

Addison usually sat alone in the cafeteria even when Jughead still went to her school. She would normally have her books and papers spread out, and listening to music as she got future assignments done so she could work till closing at Pop's. But today, there were new students and she could name a few that would probably change her routine.

From the movement of the table, Addison looks up from her notes, highlighter still in hand, to see familiar faces grabbing a spot next to her. She quickly takes out her headphones and moves her papers into a smaller pile so there's room for their lunch trays.

She sees other serpents join them so they're together and she enjoys her lunch period with her new classmates.

The rest of school breezes by and Addison goes to her locker to go home when she sees an upset Toni run to her with Fangs and Sweet Pea in tow, their faces full of anger. "What's wrong?"

"The principal is banning our serpents jackets all because that bulldog framed us for spray painting a snake in the hallway." Addison tries her best to comfort her friends as best as she could that afternoon.

Soon after the ban, Jughead decided to ignore the new rules and came in with his jacket in and his head held high. Reggie almost fought him over it and sadly Jughead was suspended.
The rules were getting harsher and harsher for Addison's friends, but she tried to cheer them up the best she could. She made it to her study hall and sat down in the back corner, where she spotted Sweet Pea resting his head on the desk. Hearing her place her bag down, he turns his head to the side and back down.

"Hello to you too, Steve Jobs." She says and flaps the end of his turtleneck, right by his tattoo. Like she did days before, Sweet Pea swats her hand off. He seems more grumpy than normal, so Addison taps him on the shoulder. "Are you okay?" She gets an 'I'm fine' from him and could easily sense it's a lie. She quickly connects the dots on his mood to Fangs being suspended that day for refusing to wear a uniform. "Hey, it'll get better, okay? He'll be back in a few days. Things will change, Sweet Pea." The boy scoffs and shakes his head. "Like you care about it."

What he said made her a little mad, upset even, but she kept talking to him gently. "I do. And I know I'm not as close as you are with Fangs but he's still my friend. So is Jughead. And even if they weren't, it's not fair how you guys are being treated." Sweet Pea looks back to her and nods, yawning into his hand.

Addison pulls out her headphones and checks the clock. "Aren't the teachers strict about being on phones during class and stuff?" "They are, but this study hall is basically nap time. For like everyone. Look." She points to the teacher, whose head was leaning back and was quietly snoring. She turns back to him. "We have about 54 minutes left. Do you wanna watch something with me?" She scrolls through her phone before he answers and stops at one, her thumb hovering over her screen. She puts her phone down on Sweet Pea's desk and reaches into her backpack. He watches as she pulls out a fluffy, blue blanket.

"You bring a blanket to school, Diner Girl?" She looks at him with a smirk. She replies sarcastically, "Oh, right. You're new here." She grabs her chair and sits closer to Sweet Pea, both of them acting like they didn't notice their knees were touching. Plugging in her headphones she offers him the right one and he looks at it. "Sweet Pea it's to watch a movie with me, not me asking your hand in marriage."

The boy takes it from the girl's small hand and sees that she chose The Breakfast Club. He doesn't say but he loves the movie and has even memorized some of John Bender's lines from watching it every summer. A small smile creeps on his face at the memory and presses play on her phone. The two teens huddle together and watch as the title sequence begins.

[A/N: hey everyone I hope you enjoyed. I just realized that Molly Ringwald is also in Riverdale as Archie's mom lol. Make sure you  vote, comment, and share. Bye!]