Chapter 54: Slave Dungeon

I questioned the young man with my Coercion turned on, honestly he pissed his pants all over and over again.

Seems like the commoners who can't pay the high tax will be turned as slaves of this city.

Half of the commoner population are slaves now, that's what the young man said, Alice's face us fuming with anger, Leena is trying to calm her down.

After that I asked him where the slaves are taken. One word, he said one word.

"Slave Dungeon"

Slave Dungeon, Alice said that it is a form of dungeon that will overwork slaves until they are exhausted to death.

Why though? Why would Fritz overwork those commoners.

One thing rang in my mind, Fritz hates commoners, he treats commoners like stray dogs.

The Tavern owner talked, he said that Duke Barin loves commoners, he would help them everyday, lower the tax if the commoners can't pay it, he will give food to the beggars, the reason is when he was a child he was saved by a commoner from a monster, he then respected commoners but that Fritz is one of hell of a bastard, he said.

"I though slave trading is forbidden?" I asked Alice, she faced me seriously, her eyes are intently staring at me and she spoke

"Yes, father abolished slave trading, but there are some nobles who opposed the King, but in the end the slave trading is abolished, seems like Fritz is covering his trail with his money." She said while clenching her fists.

"Elves are once captured for slave trading, because elves have beautiful faces, long lives, and adept in using bows and using nature and spirit magic elves fetched a high price." Leena said with a serious tone, I don't know why, but serious Leena is cute, but this is not the time for that.

"Alright, we'll gather more information about the slave dungeon, we should get going and find an Inn." I said and left the young man with the Tavern owner.

That young man didn't know anything about the Slave Dungeon.

Tsk. This could be hard.

We reached the Inn just about the Merchant district.

We walked in and booked two rooms, one for me and one for them, buuuut, as I expected...

"1 room with a large bed." Alice proposed

"I agree with that." Leena added, the young receptionist had her face red from hearing our conversation.

He~

"Alright, I'll go with the 1 room with three beds." I decided for three beds not a large bed, the two sulked, maybe some other time when we're not that tied up.

"We should gather information tonight, since the lively hours of the nobles are at night." I said, the Tavern owner said that.

The two nodded and we waited for the day to pass.

Nighttime, around 9:00 PM

The nobles are all over the place, they're all abusing commoners, destroying and taking their products on their stalls.

What the hell is with this nobles.

Then I heard a man being taken somewhere.

"Take him to the Dungeon!" A knight looking guy said, they're dragging an old man, what a pitiful old man.

"This is it, we'll follow that." I said and I opened the window of the Inn room and went out, the other two also came out.

We follow the guards that are dragging an old man, we're sneaking on the roof, since It's nighttime, It's likely that they'll see us here.

Then we reached the southeast area of Gremit, there are many nobles here, the guards are dragging the old man, the old man is straggling from the guards and telling them repeatedly that''s his innocent, the guards are just laughing at him, the same as the nobles.

He was dragged in a cave-like structure inside Gremit, that must be it.

"That's the dungeon." I said, the anger in Alice's eyes became more and more angrier.

I used my [Light Speed] and carried the two with me, I dashed in front of the nobles that laughed at the old man.

I took all the belt of the boys, hehe

We got inside the 'dungeon', the path is narrow, several scream of people can be heard inside the 'dungeon' this looks more like a mine than a cave, because of the supporting wood on each sides of the wall.

We followed the guards who took the old man with them.

they continued to walk the path, the screaming can be heard getting louder and louder.

Scream of pain, agony, sufferings, those were the screams we heard, Leena is shivering on what she's hearing.

Alice is not getting scared, rather she's very angry.

The guards took a left turn, then stopped.

"Wait." I whispered to the two and hid behind the corner of the wall.

We listened to the guards talking.

"Did you here? Viscount Fritz will take the Duke position, after that he will continue to invest in his slave tradings, his hate to the commoners is outrageous." The guard on the left said

"Yeah, he also gathered a few beastkin slaves and elves too." The guard on the right said,

Elves? I felt Leena's fear became rage, she's fuming too, I had to hold her hand because she was about to cast magic on the guards.

We followed them and reached the end of the dungeon.

Alice's eyes widened on what she saw, Leena too.

The dungeon has hundreds of cages, the slaves are put in their, men, women, children, old people, there are all slaves, the old man was taken to the old people's cell.

After that the guards left and we are only the ones left, the people inside the dungeon are screaming loudly and clamoring their cages.

Some are crying, some are silent just like waiting to die.

We walked inside, the slaves are all screaming for help.

Leena saw the elves inside a cage, the elves are all afraid, shivering, hungry, all of them are women.

Since elven women are a race with beautiful faces. men can't resist their looks.

"We'll come up with a plan to save all of this people alright?" I said to Leena and Alice, they both nodded.

Then I felt something, a strong magic fluctuation

Rising and falling, but this magic exceeded normal humans.

It's in the middle of the room.

I walked there, the slaves on the cages kept asking for help.

Then I arrived in a large cage, about a size of a two story house.

Then I felt a sudden stare at me.

It has red eyes, what?

Then it rose up and spoken.

"Human, please help me get out." The mysterious figure said

"I'm sorry, but what can I get after I saved you?" I said

"I will help you in your time in need." The mysterious figure said again, I used light magic illuminate the surrounding and the mysterious figure was seen too.

Wait?

What the hell is this that creature?

Big black body, shard claws, large teeth, then!

"Its a dragon."