Chapter 64: Surprise

Ever since they arrived here the place became noisy.

The 4 heroes are the ones causing some little trouble inside the city. really are they really heroes?

Since we decided to go towards the Azure Lake where the heroes would train and we on the other hand will check the place out.

The refugees the they escorted happily settled down here.

I'm training the girls to get stronger, Rin and the twins are continuously fighting in their Ancient Beast form.

At first It was hard for them to control the strength they have in their form and the speed. But gradually they made some progress, Rin learned to control her strength while using her rapier, the twins controlled their speed, if they used their speed at the same time they can execute attacks twice as fast. As expected of beastkins!

"Master! More!" Rin shouted, she was holding her rapier while doing a stance, a duelist stance.

"Come!" I shouted, she kicked the ground and rushed to me, she thrusts her rapier to me but I redirected the trajectory of the thrust using my iron sword

"Kuh! Not yet!" She shouted and she jumped off the ground and used her air time to thrust many times

Didn't expect that, I moved away from her field vision but she followed me, her senses are enhanced to when she's in her form.

"Got you, Master!" She said as she used a powerful thrust to hit my neck.

"You have a long way to go, Rin." I grin appeared on my face as she thrusts, her senses were enhanced to the point normal humans can't take her by surprise, but I'm not normal, I used a little more speed than usual and got out of her way and held my sword against her throat.

"I win." I said, Rin's face wore a hint of surprise and at the same time, fear.

"As expected of master." She said as I let her go the strength on her legs were gone, she immediately fell down on the ground.

"Are you alright?! Rin?!" I was worried because this is the first time she fell down after dueling with me.

"I-I'm alright master, It's just that, I used up all of my strength to prove that I have improved my strength." Then she lowered her head and tears fell down on the corner of her eyes

"I-I'm not fit to be on master's side after all." Her tears began to fall bigger and bigger, but as a master It's my duty to comfort my slaves, or rather, companions, calling them slaves is a bit troubling.

"You're already strong you know? Whether you're strong or not, you'll never leave my side, got it?" I said,

"..." She looked at me speechless.

"And another thing, who'll cook the food for the others if I'm not around? You're this party's big sister after all." I smiled and talked to her to lighten her mood.

She began to cry her heart out, I embraced her and comforted her.

After that we finished our training session and Rin rested inside the mansion, the girls are all out because they want to experience an all girls shopping and talk about "Something", yeah Leena said that "Something" as indicating that its related to me, she looked at me with a playful grin, really, that's like her.

I entered the mansion to have something to eat and when I arrived at the kitchen the maids that previously worked for Fritz are cooking something.

I heard their conversation while they were cooking

"Quickly, Lord Azazel will be here soon!" The maid with old features on her face, she seemed to be 40 years old or older, she might be the head of the maid squad here

"""Yes ma'am!""" They all shouted in unison

I wonder what's happening?

I pulled back the though of going inside the kitchen and let them finish what they're doing.

I walked into the living room instead, I found Amelia the current village head of the refugees that are living here temporarily.

"Lord Azazel, can I speak with you?" She asked politely.

"Ah yes, what would it be?" I asked

I sat down across her, she sat down too and we began to converse

"Regarding the Village that I said that we like to repair, I've given it a though, because the village was in constant danger of Magic beasts and bandits, we lose our resources that we have, every winter we starve and some of us wont make it through spring...."She said in a downcast tone, so I kept listening

"When out food supplies are quite low, the men hunts inside the goblin forest, some of them comes back with enough food for a week but some of them doesn't come back, in the end our population as a village decreases every month-" She stopped her depressed tone and looked at me straight in the eye and said in a solemn tone.

"As a representative of the village of Oldham, we would like to settle here in Gremit and live here for the rest of our lives." She declared.

I smiled and looked at her seriousness and spoke,

"As the current Lord of Gremit City, I declare that you and the other villagers are henceforth citizens of Gremit!" I declared in front of her, that was a little embarrassing but it was alright because It's only me, and Amelia here.

"Thank you for your kindness, Lord Azazel!!!" She exclaimed.

And then the main door opened, the girls came back, Leena was in front of them

She was grinning

Oh no! Did she hear?!

Ah!! So embarrassing!

"That was manly, Azazel~" Leena said playfully

"AH STOP! ITS EMBARRASSING!" I shouted

"Yeah, that was manly." Alice said while nodding

"Master is so cool~" "Master is so awesome~!" Even the twins are saying it! AH

"Papa is so cool! I love you~!" She jumped on my abdomen, of course I caught her, her blue hair slapped on my face though, she hugged me like a daughter would hug her father. Cute!

I fixed her messy hair and patted her haid

"Ehehe~" I can hear her,

"Azazel!" Someone shouted?! Oh It's Alice.

"We bought you something! Please accept it!" She said and her face turns red

"My my~" Amelia on the side said while holding her cheek, "It's nice to be young~" She added

Leena whispered to her but I heard her

"Oh come on, why are you so embarrassed?" She said on her ear while whispering, I can't focus because Levy was hugging my abdomen and the twins are hugging both of my arms, I became a full fledged father, great.

Alice walked forward to me and handed me a box, so I pulled both of my arms from the twins and received the gift.

"T-Think of it as a congratulatory gift from me!" She said, and Leena whispered to her again, "A congratulatory gift? I though It was a gift from your heart-" Before she can finish Alice puts her left hand on her mouth and whispered

"Be! Quiet!" Scary!

i opened the box and I saw a somewhat silver pendant, I don't know if this is silver

I can feel a flow of magic in this pendant.

[Pendant of Horus - Rank A Item - Made from solid Mithril - Defense + 100]

And then the system popped up in front of me

[Skill Acquired: Eye of Horus (Lv. 1) ]

Now that's a surprise!

What does this skill do?

[Eye of Horus - can put up a barrier on other people and you. Barrier strength based on Mana.]

Now that is a surprise! A convenient skill!