Chapter 66: The Orphanage

After we checked the Academy we went to eat and went back to the City Hall

There, Eric was ordering a bunch of old men who looked like wizards

"Ah, the city lord is here." Eric said, and the bunch of men looked at my way, yeah they look like 60-70 years old

"Greetings my lord, I am the previous principal of the Academy, Alfred Deasworth." The men who has a long beard bowed in front of me, he looks like G*andalf though, I want him to say You shall not pass! But I rather not

"Ah greetings, I am the current city lord, although I'm still new, I'm Azazel Lancelot" I said as I reached out my hand to them, Alfred took my hand and shook it.

"It is a pleasure to meet you my lord! I am very eager to shake your hand! I can feel strong magic in your hand! This is magnificent!" He said as he continues to shake my hand up and down. He looks like he's in paradise while shaking my hand, which is really weird, I soon retracted my hand and wry smile at him.

"I am very sorry my lord, you see grandfather gets excited whenever he feels magic stronger than his." Another man walked to the side of Alfred, he seems to be younger, he's in his 20's

"Allow me to introduce myself, I am Silver Deasworth, I'm his grandson." He said as he bowed too.

"Pleasure to meet you." I said and shook his hand also.

"Ah, princess, It's a pleasure to meet you." Alfred soon discovered that Alice was with me, so he bowed and showed respect,

Glenn also greeted Alice and we sat down and had a chat before they left.

Alfred was the previous principal when the Academy was functional in the past, Glenn was also a student but when the school stopped teaching students, his grandfather was the one who taught him until now, they are commoners though, and is seems they're a descendant of the previous Deasworth who built the Academy.

They left, me, Alice, Eric and the Duke Barin was left, they were sorting some papers, again,

"The Orphanage will be opened also, we gathered available caretakers for the place, and the children also." Eric said,

"So, how about the children? Have you gathered them?" I said

"Yes, the children, including some of demi-human children, were gathered and are currently staying at the building near the orphanage." He said, oh since the orphanage is not yet open they moved the children to the place near the Orphanage.

Seems like there are many homeless children in the streets, and there are also slaves.

The day after, we headed to the Orphanage, all of us.

When we arrived there are many people waiting, as they received notices that the orphanage will soon open again.

Many onlookers were excited, because they cannot stand the children being homeless, they either fed the street children or take them in their homes, but because Fritz ruled Gremit, it was like they were in Martial Law.

Eric stood at the entrance, a wizard from the academy walked in his side and chanted some magic, It was a voice amplification.

Then Eric coughed three times to get his voice right and made his speech.

"People of Gremit, after Duke Barin caught in an accident, we were condemned, not treated fair and abused by the Fritz. We were on the grounds and our lives was in his hands. If he wants us dead he would do it, if he wants something he'll get them, mainly our wives and daughters!"

The people listened to his speech, as If he's a motivational speaker.

"But now that was over! Why? Because a hero came and protected us all! He saved us from his cuffs and released us from slavery!"