Chapter 2

Bonnie woke up holding tightly to a pillow. She looked around hoping that Stefan was in the room and sighed when she noticed that he wasn't. She frowned slightly because she had gotten the best sleep that she's had in a while and she knew that Stefan was the cause of that.

Whenever she's in his arms something clicks within her and she feels as if she's surrounded by a brick wall and nothing or no one could get through. He was and is her protector and she wasn't sure no matter how hard she looked that she could find someone that made her feel that way again.

Bonnie stretched and walked across the hall to the bathroom. She placed her palms on the counter stretching out her arms and stared at her reflection in the mirror. She noticed that she seemed a bit pale and her eyes didn't shine like they used to. It saddened her because her eyes were her best feature—to her at least.

She splashed water on her face and walked a few feet to Thomas' room. She smiled watching him sleep peacefully in his racecar bed. She didn't know where the racecar phase came from, but she figured that one of his friends from the building had to introduce it to him.

Bonnie closed her eyes at the sudden feel of Stefan's arms around her and smiled when he kissed her neck.

"Look at him," Bonnie said. "He looks just like you only a little tanner."

Bonnie ran her hands over Stefan's arms and feels warmth overcome her body.

When he first started to appear to her again she was taken aback on how warm he felt when he's around. She figured that since he was dead that he'll be cold like she assumed a vampire would, but he was as warm as a blanket.

"Is it bad that I'm a little jealous of his skintone?"

Bonnie shielded her laugh with her forearm and smiled up at him.

"You're such an idiot."

They stayed smiling at each other for a while before Bonnie leaned up to kiss him. No matter how much he wanted to pull back, he couldn't bring himself to do so. Her lips felt so good on his and when she turned fully in his arms it made the kiss all the more better.

They kissed for moments longer then Stefan wrapped her in her arms. He felt the pull coming over him and he wanted to tell her that he loved her but stopped himself. Bonnie pulled away and watched as Stefan slowly fades away before her eyes.

"Dad?" Thomas said sitting up abruptly.

Bonnie's eyes filled with tears and she ran over to him wrapping her arms around him. She wanted to cry at that moment but she chose to hold it all in.

"You had a dream about daddy?"

Thomas nodded his head.

"Was it a happy dream?"

He nodded again and Bonnie smiled letting a tear run down her cheek. Thomas reached and wiped the tear away only causing her to want to cry harder and she doesn't know how she did it but she sucked in the tears and put on a smile instead.

She lifted her son in her arms and carried him into the bathroom. She placed him on his stepping stool and they brushed their teeth together and when Bonnie was washing her face, Thomas just rubbed water over his.

After they got dressed, Bonnie poured him a bowl of Cheerios and sat him in his high chair as she checked her phone for any missed messages. She saw that she had one from Adam and forgot that she even gave him her number. She stared at it for a while before pressing the screen to read the message.

Hey Bonnie, it's Adam. I was wondering if you and Thomas would like to meet up for a play date later? Text me when you can.

Bonnie played with the table cloth and looked up at Thomas. She watched him for a while before texting him back.