Chapter 6

Bonnie and Antonio stared at one another both with the same question burning in their minds: Did it work?

Stefan was no longer present in the room and even if he was, there was still no way of being sure since they both could see him either way.

Antonio looked down in the book of spells to see of he missed anything or did something wrong, but came up blank.

"So did it work?"

Antonio walked closer to her and shook his head, "I don't know. Either he's somewhere around here or back at Lock And Key."

Bonnie sighed regretting getting her hopes up too high. After helping Antonio clean up the place, Bonnie decided that it was best if she go home. She was hoping to surprise Thomas with Stefan waiting in his room when he got home but she figured that she'll just take him out for ice cream instead.

When she got home, Bonnie decided to take a bubble bath and just relax with a few candles burning here and there. Music played softly in the background even if it was a pop song, things were just so relaxing. She figured that she'd do some meditating since thinking of Stefan wasn't working and he wasn't appearing to her anymore. When she closed her eyes she let all her thoughts exit her brain. Currently she was thinking about a date with Stefan...

They wanted to celebrate his resurrection by having dinner. Thomas was sleeping over Ms. Julia's house so they decided to take advantage of that. Stefan lit a candle and placed it in the middle of the cloth covered table and sat two plates, knives, and forks. He snuck up behind Bonnie and brought his arms around her waist kissing her neck.

"Smells good."

"Me or the food?" Bonnie joked.

Stefan chuckled. "Both." He moved her head to kiss her lips then moved to the refrigerator to pour glasses of wine.

They sat across from each other with the candles and the moon acting as the only source of light in the room. Stefan reached across the table and held her hand.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"Bringing me back, for risking God knows what just for the chance for all this to work out."

"I would've risked the world." Bonnie stated. "And that's all because I love you."

"I love you too, baby."

Bonnie sighed as her mind cleared and she felt at peace. She kept her eyes closed and let the calming scent of lavender fill her lungs only to breathe it out.

When her fingers started to wrinkle, she decided that it was time to get out. She wrapped a robe around her body and walked out heading to her room. Secretly, she hoped that Stefan would've been on her bed waiting for her, but he wasn't.

After drying off and applying lotion to her skin, Bonnie crawled in bed and sighed closing her eyes for the rest of the night.

Bonnie got up pretty early to pick up Thomas. She missed him and was tempted to get him last night just to lay beside him, but she knew that he would already be asleep and she didn't want to wake him or Ms. Julia.

"Bonnie, come in." Julia smiled.

Bonnie returned the gesture and walked in looking around the place. Ms. Julia answered Bonnie's unasked question by telling her that Thomas was in the bathroom and just then she heard the toilet flush. Moments later, Thomas came out and a smile sprung on his face when he eyes landed on his mother.