Chapter 12

Bonnie yawned and decided to close her eyes for a few seconds until the bread was toasted. Her head slowly dropped and quickly snapped back up yawning again. You might be asking why this lovely Bennett is tired and it all chalks down to the little one that calls her 'mommy' on a daily basis.

Thomas had a few nightmares the previous night and she and Stefan couldn't get much sleep trying to comfort him when he would wake up crying. Practically sleepwalking, Bonnie threw the bread the was now burnt in the trash, cut off the flames and walked back to her room. She was starving but would delay her hunger not wanting to burn the building down.

She lightly chuckled hearing Stefan snore loudly the closer she got to the room. Usually she couldn't sleep with the noise but she was tired enough to sleep through an earthquake. She pushed Thomas who was resting under Stefan's arm a little closer closer to his father so she could have enough room to get comfortable and as soon as her eyelids shut, Bonnie was fast asleep.

Bonnie woke up with a loud snore sounding like she was some type of farm animal and looked beside her only to see Stefan who had rolled over on his stomach.

"Stef," Bonnie rocked his body rubbing her eyes.

"Just five more minutes." He lifted his arm shooing her away.

"Stefan where's Thomas?"

"He's in the...bathroom."

Bonnie nodded then laid back down and soon she felt Thomas crawl in the bed as well. She felt like crying when he poked her.

"Mommy, I'm hungry."

"Ask your father to fix you a bowl of cereal."

Stefan whined and Bonnie would've laughed if she wasn't so tired.

"Bud, d'you think you could wait five more minutes? Daddy is very tired you can play with the iPad if you want."

"Okay."

Stefan smiled and laid back down and felt like he got up as soon as he closed his eyes when Thomas informed him that five minutes had passed.

"Alright, we got Captain Crunch and Cheerios. Pick your poison."

"Hmm... Cheerios!"

Stefan nodded and got out a bowl, poured some milk, then added the O shaped cereal. Instead of going back to bed, Stefan decided to pour himself a bowl and join Thomas. He knew that if they were planning to have another kid that waking up at all hours of the morning would be apart of his daily routine for some months.

"Hey, Tom, what do think about having a little brother or sister?"

Stefan watched him think while chewing and when he thought he was about to respond, he took a sip of drink instead. Stefan chuckled slightly at his son shaking his head.

"It's okay I guess."

"You guess? You don't want to be a big brother?" Stefan asked then took a bite.

"I don't know, it's too much responsibility."

Stefan almost spit out his cereal laughing at his response. "Bud, you're too funny."

Shortly after the subject changed to Stefan asking him some educational questions, Bonnie decided to get out of bed. Stefan teased her with the line of "look whose risen from the dead" and all she did was give him a sarcastic smile and take her seat beside Thomas.

"I haven't been this tired since Thomas was born." Bonnie said putting her elbows on the table.

"Why are you tired mommy?"