Chapter 4

A/N: (without sound too cheesy) Really quick thank you all for reviewing and for your sweet comments about my writing you guys make it all worthwhile!

Stefan, Bonnie and Thomas were laying on the bed with their son fast asleep. They both were surprised when Thomas was able to see and feel Stefan which caused Bonnie to come up with an idea. She figured that as long as Stefan was on their minds they could finally be a family.

That hope faded when Stefan told her that he had something to tell her. She could tell that it was serious by the look on his face and she knew that she wouldn't like what he was about to say.

"I don't have a lot of time." Stefan said looking into her eyes. "I can't keep showing up forever, Bonnie and you know especially now if I could, I would."

Bonnie shook her head, "There has to be a way, we can figure out a way."

Stefan reached to touch the side of her face and she leaned in to his touch. "Baby, I love you and I love how much hope you have, but I'm not sure if bringing me back is possible."

"I love you too." Bonnie smiled. She hadn't said those words in a while and she missed how someone used to tell her that they loved her first. "And Stefan, there's always a way. Especially for a Bennett."

Stefan chuckled and they leaned in mutually to kiss.

"I miss these lips." Stefan said running his thumb along them.

"Are you just going to tell me or are you going to show me?" Bonnie flirted.

Stefan smiled and shook his head at her. His hand moved to the side of her face before he leaned in to kiss her again sliding his tongue in her mouth.

They went to sleep as a family and woke up as one as well. Bonnie woke up to Thomas resting his head on Stefan's shoulder blade. She smiled at the sight and quietly got up to make breakfast. This is how she wanted things to be. Waking up to see her son resting on his father's back and deciding to get out of bed early just to cook breakfast for her boys.

Bonnie was cooking eggs in the pan when hands were wrapped around her waist and ran along her stomach causing her to giggle some. The hands moved the strap of her camisole down her shoulder and kissed across her shoulder traveling up her neck. Bonnie leaned her head to the side gaining him more access and Bonnie knew if he continued any longer, the eggs will be burnt. She moved the pan over to the side and turned around to stare in his green eyes and stood on her toes connecting their lips. She missed the feel of Stefan's hands traveling her body as he pulled her in closer deepening the kiss.

"Mmm," Stefan sounded before he pulled away.

He brushed a lock of her hair behind her ear and kissed her once more.

"I hate to tell you this, but I should go."

"But I made breakfast." Bonnie pouted.

Stefan resisted the urge to kiss her pout away so he ran his fingers in her hair instead.

"I'm not sure how this works, babe. If I stay too long I'm frightened that my time would be cut in half."

"How do you know about all this?" Bonnie wondered.

"I'll tell you later, alright, I should go." Stefan kissed her forehead and wrapped her in his arms. "Tell Thomas that I love him." Bonnie nodded in the hug and felt fading away in his arms.

When breakfast was finished she heard footsteps coming up to her. She smiled when she saw Thomas wiping the sleep out of his eyes.

"Where's dad?"