9~ Sneak

"You will be working with your desk partner." Our teacher stated as she stood at the front.

Many groans made their way through the classroom. Then the teacher continued,

"Enough of that. You will make any kind of project you want on something that interests you-in the science world."

She continued on,

"Whether it's a power point, video, poster, three d sculpture, whatever you want."

"When is it due?" A student called from the other side of the room.

"Good question. When would be a reasonable time?" Our teacher responded.

Both me and Jamie immediately put our hands up.

She glanced at me, than at Jamie,

"Mr. Coleman?"

"Maybe 'bout three weeks?" He suggested. Which earned some chuckles.

"One week. Final!" She scoffed.

"Are you kidding me?" Both me and Jamie retorted immediately.

She smiled at everyone just as the bell rang.

How are me and Jamie going to do this? I can't bring a Coleman into the house!

"It's due on Wednesday, October second. One week..." I trailed off as I stood up and gathered my things.

"How do we explain to the teacher that our parents hate each other so if we were to even step foot in each others house, we'd be killed?" Jamie wonders aloud.

There was a brief moment of silence between us, then I glanced at him, just as he glanced at me,

"You thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?"

"That we sneak out?" He asked me.

I sighed and nodded,

"Yeah..."

He looked at me with sympathy,

"We'll figure it out. Our parents will never know."

I nodded, understanding,

"Where will we meet?"

He shrugged,

"How about the abandoned lot? Where we said our emergency meeting spot would be if we found something big on our parents."

Three weeks ago when we agreed to look into why our parents hate each other-we came across an abandoned parking lot when we were walking through town in the middle of the night.

"Alright. So, we'll have class time to work on this, too. So we can leave on Friday and Saturday night?" I suggested.

He nodded with a friendly smile,

"Yeah. Sounds good."

~~~

"Blair? Dylan? Are you guys home?" A male voice called up the stairs.

"Yeah!" I called back. I heard Dylan call as well.

Then the house went back to silence.

I was texting Lynne while watching Netflix, and Dylan was probably on his PlayStation. Most likely playing Fortnite.

She was talking about this hot guy in her World History class. And I was going along with it. She's always talking about hot guys. She texted once again.

5:21pm- HE IS SMOKIN

I replied.

5:21pm- Scale 1-10