44~ Past 3

9 months pregnant
August 8th
Kaytlyn's POV

______________

"Darling, a package just came. What do you want to do with it?" Hunter called from the front door as I sat in our living room, watching Netflix and eating my Nutella.

"I don't care. Just put it somewhere," I started,

"Actually, what is it?"

"Uhm," he stalled so he could check,

"It's the drapes we ordered for the sitting area in our room."

"Just put them at the stairs then." I told him, not taking my eyes off of the television.

Most of our house is pretty much done. Just a few touches here and there, then it will be complete.

"I also went and picked up the flat screen for the game room. Want that set up?" He continued.

I didn't reply. As a sharp kick from the baby occurred.

My breathing was a bit heavy. You stop that right now, child. Don't interrupt my Nutella.

"Darling?" Hunter asked, due to me not answering.

"What?" I snapped. The excruciating pain still there.

"Do you want it set up?" He repeated himself, staying calm.

"I don't care." I answered, a bitch tone to my voice.

Fuck, why did I want a kid?

He didn't say anything, then he headed upstairs.

"Listen here, kid. You're not coming out yet, right?" I mumbled to my belly.

The pain still stayed.

I quietly groaned as I stood up, maybe some water will calm myself. And I began walking towards the kitchen.

Began.

After about four steps, I felt a liquid drip down my leg. My black sweatpants so loose that they didn't absorb anything.

I didn't just piss myself.

Oh my god, that was my water. My water fucking broke!

Oh my god, oh my god. My breathing was heavy, as a began to panic,

"Hunter!"

I heard his quick and heavy footsteps lead over to the stairs,

"Is everything okay?"

"No! My water just broke!" I exclaimed.

He rushed down the stairs and came to my side,

"Honey, stay calm, okay?"

"You wanna switch places? Then you can tell me to stay calm." I snapped.

He wrapped his arm around me before grabbing the keys to his car, and we were out.

~~~

"I need you to take deep, slow breaths for me. Okay?" The nurse repeated herself.

"You need to stop repeating yourself." I snapped, continuing my heavy breathing.

Hunter mumbled an apology to the nurse thinking that I couldn't hear him. I shot a glare his way.

He cracked a small smile, then gave my hand a light squeeze.