48~ Enough

Maybe it's for the better. That my family wasn't aware of every detail. That they didn't keep asking.

Even though the downside is that they probably hate me and think I'm a disgrace, it might just be... better that way.

Dylan didn't talk about it anymore either. But I wouldn't really know if he did, I mostly just stay in my room and try to avoid contact as much as possible. It wouldn't be pretty.

Not that I would get ugly, probably just awkward. No one would say anything-most likely. Although, my mother surprises us sometimes.

It has been about 4 days since the talk with everyone at the table... because of Dylan being the stubborn person he is. But it's okay, he'll go far in life with that.

I didn't really want to go out there and face them. But, I haven't eaten a full meal in days. So I might just have to.

Dreading it, I got out of my bed and over to my bathroom to make sure I didn't look too disastrous.

My hair is in the same messy bun that I had fallen asleep in, now it was quite the messy bun.

Not bothering to fix it, I wiped my eyes with my hands and continued my way through my room and out my door.

Out in the game room, sat my brother.

"Blair, you're up." He stated the obvious.

"Well my eyes are open and I'm walking." I retorted.

He let out a small chuckle and I made my way to the stairs before walking down the spiral staircase.

I could hear my parents talking in the kitchen, or it could've been the dining room. Not sure, but I cut through the pantry to see what I could find.

Even though I should be having a full meal, I'll just stay with the snacks.

Whilst I was grabbing a granola bar, my whole hand got stuck in the box and it fell. I tried to catch it but it continued to hit the ground with a loud 'slap' like noise.

Nice.

"Dylan, is that you getting more food?" My mothers voice echoed.

I didn't reply. The last thing I wanna see right now is her.

Lastly, grabbing a mini bag of chips, I began to quickly but quietly make my way to the stairs. My dad caught me first,

"Come here."

I glanced over at him, and his eyes were stern and serious. I listened and walked over to him.

Instead of him yelling, he pulled me into a hug,

"Kid, I don't hate you. I'm relieved you're safe and at home. As for the injuries, I'm just glad you healed."

He released from the hug but left his hands on my shoulders,

"I don't want you to think of me and you mom as the enemies, we love you."

I didn't make eye contact with him, because that would then make me believe what he was saying. I kept my glance at the floor,

"Okay."

"All you have to say is okay?" My mother butted her way into the conversation, as always,

"Be a little more respectful to your dad."

My dad spun around and looked at her,

"She's just like you. All the shenanigans you pulled and we always had to get you out, but instead of us having to fix all Blair's problems she fixed them for herself. You never have anything nice to say to her, but when she speaks up it's considered 'talking back'. Can you give her a break? She's been though enough."