16~ Who

"What are you doing?" A quick male voice called behind me. I spun around and saw Jamie rushing towards me.

"What do you mean 'what am I doing'?" I questioned him.

He caught up to where I was currently standing on the sidewalk,

"I mean, I said I'd walk with you from your house. Quit walkin' alone at night."

"God dammit, Jamie. I don't need a babysitter!" I snapped, my jaw clenched and I continued walking.

His heavy footsteps followed behind me through the thin layer of snow,

"I'm not your babysitter. Just looking out for you. Is that so wrong?"

"I hate asking for help, Jamie. I almost hate when people offer me help just as much." I explained, quickening my walking.

I heard a quiet huff, then the presence of a body close to mine. A hand gently grabs my arm and pulls me back which makes me stop in my tracks.

My legs continue to turn my body until I am face to face with the body that belongs to the arm,

"What?"

Jamie pulls me closer to him, our faces are inches apart,

"What happened?"

I clenched my jaw and sucked in a breath of air,

"Don't worry 'bout it."

I went to turn around and pull my arm from his grasp, but he put his right hand on my shoulder,

"Blair, if it's making you this upset-tell me."

My eyes darted behind Jamie, and watched as snow began to lightly fall from the sky,

"I'm not upset."

I forcefully pulled my arm from his hold and shrugged his hand off of my shoulder before beginning to walk down the sidewalk once again.

His footsteps didn't follow behind, I didn't hear them.

"Can you not be a stubborn asshole for one minute? Just take what I'm offering!" He exclaimed from behind me.

I stopped dead in my tracks. He really just said that.

My body spun around, quick like it was a pirouette. And I stomped over to where he was standing.

A vein in his neck was slightly popping out, and his jaw was clenched. But his cheeks were a bit flushed. He clearly felt bad about what he had said, but was trying to cover it up with anger.

I stopped in front of him, our faces close,

"Asking for help is a weakness. I don't show weakness, so that's why I don't ask for help. And that's why I don't take helping offers."

"You know that is not true." He said quietly, his voice deep.

I huffed and shook my head,

"You know that I'm right."

"You have a lot to learn from life, Blair. Just let it teach you." He stated.