32~ Kill

"How did you find out?"

"Why do you know?"

"What do you know?"

"Are you involved in the gang stuff, now?"

Those questions have been repeated to me every time I'm alone with one of the adult family members.

I haven't answered, I'm not going to answer.

But, unfortunately, today is Tuesday. Yesterday, Monday, was a Snow Day. So today is practically Monday.

But, get this! My family won't even ground me because they don't wanna have to explain to all the other kids why I was grounded.

So, I still got my phone, AirPods, everything. And it's great. It's amazing.

I just don't want to go home, y'know? My family probably hates me even more than they did before.

Maybe not hate, though. Could be disappointed.

Whatever.

"Miss. Cohen?" Our teacher calls from the front of the room.

"Yes?" I responded, coming back to reality.

"Since I just explained how to solve this equation, can you tell me what the value of 'x' is?" She asked.

I looked up to the chalkboard and read over the equation,

"It would be nineteen."

She looked shocked for a moment,

"That's correct."

Then she went back to her boring, old stuff.

Ha! Jokes on her! I read that exact equation in a textbook last year. So, I knew the answer.

I don't just do mental math-at all actually, I just know it off of the top of my head, I guess? I'm not exactly sure. When I read something, I just memorize it-even when I don't need to or want to.

Like, once I see something with my eyes, it never leaves my mind. Almost like it was engraved into my brain-although that's impossible. But it's like that.

~~~

Awkward silence...

We were eating dinner, for the first time as a family since Saturday.

"Blair?" Someone calls from the stairs-followed by quick, pounding feet coming down them.

"Blair?" The same voice called again.

It's female... Charlie's.

She turned the corner, and faced me and my family.

Hold up, how'd she get in my house... and she's bruised up a bit.

"What the hell happened?" I questioned her.

She was breathing heavily,

"Kade, he's hurt pretty badly, Colton is holding them off, Jamie and Alexa are trying to help. All hell broke loose."

"Who are they against?" I asked, standing up.

"The gang that went after Kade and Jamie the first time." She answered.

I understood,

"How many guys are there?"

"About four or five." She replied.

"Colton can't hold them off forever, come on." I stated, rushing closer to her.

Me and Charlie rushed closer to my front door, just as my father spoke up,