22~ Ahead

"Don't do anything stupid this time. Okay?" My dad scolded once again as he stopped his black Tesla in the schools parking lot.

I nodded as I unbuckled my seatbelt,

"Okay."

"Now get out, go get some A's." He told me, pushing my shoulder lightly-ushering me out. I picked up my backpack from the floorboard beneath me.

"Can't do that, I'm too dumb." I stated, opening the car door and hoping out.

Just as I was about to close the door, my father spoke up,

"You're not dumb."

Not wanting to continue arguing, I closed the door and began walking through the parking lot.

Not dumb-my ass. What's the definition of dumb? Me. My mother is smart, my dad is smart, my little brother is smarter than me! So, where my dad got the idea to lie to me-I have no idea.

Well... the gang stuff is lying, too.

He's been lying to me my entire life! Oh my god!

"Blair!" Someone called from behind me. The entire school is still arriving, so when I turned around, it took me a moment to match voice to person.

But then I quickly noticed Kade coming towards me, and I chuckled as he lightly shoved someone out of the way.

"Watch it!" The guy exclaimed as Kade continued rushing past him.

Eventually, he was by my side,

"Hey."

I chuckled,

"Hey."

He gestured his head, as if he was telling me to keep walking. So I did and we walked side by side, in sync.

"How was your suspension?" He asks me.

I shrugged,

"Parents weren't happy. It was pretty boring, not gonna lie."

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him nod,

"You missed a lot of work."

"I know, my cousin brought it to me." I assured him.

It drifted to comfortable silence between the two of us-just the sound of snow crunching beneath our feet. Up until the point when Kade spoke up,

"Are you-uh-planning on going to Semi?"

The semi-formal dance? I've never gone to a school dance.

I shook my head,

"Not really. I've never gone to a school dance."

"Wh-really? Man... they're fun!" He exclaimed, and I could hear the excitement in his voice.

"Maybe I should check it out then." I chuckled. Hold up... Blair Cohen doesn't change her mind that quick. Oh man.

"Actually? You'd consider going?" He asked me.

I nodded,

"I mean-why not. You guys will be there, right?"

"Yeah, we always are." He told me.

I nodded once again, understanding,

"What happens?"

"They play loud music, the lights are off but the gym is lit up with a bunch of small lights. I-it's really cool." He stated.

"Sounds cool." I said, stuffing my hands in my hoodie pocket. I am wearing a winter jacket, just it's unzipped.

"Do you-uh-y'know-like-wanna go with me?" Kade stuttered.

I glanced at him and slightly chuckled,

"You that nervous about asking me to the dance, Kourtney?"

He straightened his back and cleared his throat,

"Uh-no."

He then continued, or, repeated,

"Do you want to be my date to the semi-formal?"

I nodded,

"Sure. What are we supposed to wear?"

"Wait, actually? You'll go with me?" He said, ignoring my question.

"Yes, I said I would." I assured him.

His mouth turned upwards into a smile,

"Oh-uh-us guys wear black, dress pants with a white, buttoned shirt. Sometimes a tie or a bow. Girls usually wear black dresses."

"Alright, so now I have to go shopping..." I trailed off.

That comment made Kade laugh as we walked up the many stairs leading to the school doors,

"Don't like shopping?"

"No, I do. Just dresses are a pain. They're never long enough." I explained.

He nodded,

"I have to go shopping, too."

"I'd say that we should go as a group, but we can't risk any of our family seeing us together." I stated.

"To the dance or shopping?" He asked, clearly lost from my last statement.

"Shopping. No, we're one hundred percent going as a group to the dance." I told him-which made him laugh slightly.

"But, we're still going as a..." he trailed off, wanting me to finish the sentence.

"Yes, I'm still going as your date. Just, all six of us should go together." I concluded.

"Six?" He questioned.

"Me, you, Jamie, Charlie, Colton and Alexa. The squad." I explained.

"Oh, yeah! Sorry, I was lost for a second." He exclaimed.

I chuckled,

"It's all good."

"What about your family, won't they want to be with you at the dance?" He asked me.

I shook my head,

"The younger ones don't go to this school, my cousins both have stuff going on-on the night of the dance."

"It's February, right?" He asked me.

I nodded,

"Valentine's Day."

He then chuckled,

"Yet I'm asking you two months ahead of time."

"Hey! I appreciate the time you're giving me to find a dress and shoes." I exclaimed.

"I'm glad. Because it'll take me a while to find fancy clothes." He said to me, then continued,

"So, you're going to go shopping alone?"

"No, I can ask one of my cousins to go with me." I assured him.

He nodded,

"Good, it's getting more dangerous around town with the other... other guys."

Meaning the other gang. Instead of the Pythons and the Blue Bloods, another gang has been formed. No members from the original two gangs are in this one. The ages range from about fifteen to nineteen. And they're after the new generation of Pythons and Blue Bloods.

We found out that the person who had fought with Kade and Charlie a little while ago are from this gang. The person who threw a punch at my eye is also from this gang.

"Is this going to be the new generation of gangs?" I questioned.

He clearly hesitated before nodding,

"This is exactly why our parents kept the gang feud from us to begin with-to keep us out of trouble. But, now we dug up old history. And another group of people found out-supposedly the family of rivals of our family. Now, we've got the six of us up against our families', rivals family."

_______________________________