Chapter 1 "The Arrival"

There was a world where magic and fantasy creatures existed. Creatures like dragons, who flew around like they owned that place, were real.

And there was a peaceful kingdom which wasn't that enthusiastic about taking over the world, and that kingdom was the Lighting kingdom.
However, the peaceful lives of the citizens were soon to be destroyed.

It was a quiet night just like any other, but there was a boy who was running so fast, that the wind he produced almost blew nearby people off and made the night not so quiet anymore.

The boy was equipped with golden armor that was so beautiful, that it made any onlookers jealous. And he had a golden crown with a glowing red gem attached.

His red cape fluttered in the wind while he was dashing to his destination. He ran and his breathing got rougher, but he kept running, because in his mind, he was already imagining the travesty that came if he was to late.

But after he arrived, his face turned pale. He knew that he was too late.

"You are too late now, hero!"

The boy stopped at the voice that confirmed his thought after he entered an abandoned house.

A man in a dark blue cloak with a golden staff appeared with a wide grin.

The boy glanced at the hole resembling the eye of a tornado behind the man. A blue glowing light was coming out of it.

The man realised that the boy was staring at that place and grinned saying,

"The summoning ritual is almost complete. Soon, I will be the ruler of the Kingdom! Mwahahaha-*cough* *cough*"

The man laughed so much, that his lungs gave up and he began coughing.

The boy grit his teeth and shouted,
"Foolish magician! Don't you realize, that if you summon a monster from the forbidden place, you will bring ruin to this country?!"

The man ignored his complaint and proudly said,
"Stupid hero, that's what you think! But I will make a powerful war country of this weak land! But first I have to get rid of you!"

He raised his hand.
Then, a fiery blue aura gathered around his hand. He shouted as loud as his lungs still allowed it,

"Come out my slave! Obey and serve me! Let's show this world how foolish they truly a-*cough* *cough*!"

Then, a small smoke cloud came out of the portal, and the smoke started to form itself into a humanoid form. It slowly gained more features, and when it was done, the creature began moving. It had a humanoid form with a tail that resembled a squirrel's.
it was restlessly looking around.

The magician couldn't hide his grin and exclaimed,
"Ahahahaha! It worked! It wor- *cough* *cough*!"

The magician laughed until his lungs gave up again.

The hero glared at the magician and said loudly,
"You fool! This type of monster is impossible to control!"

The magician snorted at the hero's words and proudly said,

"I trained my magic for 25 years,
and nobody trained that long! I have more wisdom and I will be the first one to put this creature into my summoning creature collection!"

The magician turned to the direction of the monster, and commanded it with an excited voice,

"Now, my monster, kill him!"

But the creature stared at the magician blankly. Then it looked around as if to check its surroundings again.

The magician looked at the creature with confusion and said
"What are you waiting for? Kill him!"

The magician pointed at the Hero.

The creature's blank stare didn't change and just followed where the magician pointed at and then looked back at the magician. Then the creature's eyes opened wide as it stopped at the staff of the magician.

It was golden and had many gems attached to it that sparkled so beautifully, that not even the stars could compare.

The creature stared at the staff for a long time until it shouted,

"SHINY! GIVE ME SHINY!"

The yellow eyes of the creature became fire red, resembling flames. It jumped into the magician's direction.

The magician wasn't fast enough to react.

A second later and the magician was already empty handed. While the creature was already celebrating his success.

"Yes, shiny! So sparkly, so shiny! Shiny is mine!"

The monster was jumping happily around.

The magician clenched his teeth in anger. He yelled,
"How dare you! That staff is mine!"

In his blind anger, the magician ran recklessly towards the monster as fast as he could and attempted to get his staff back.

While the monster was still jumping around and didn't notice anything, the staff's gems suddenly began to glow.

A sphere made of pure water suddenly appeared and was floating in the air while forming itself bigger and bigger.

The water sphere shot with tremendous speed at the magician.
It was so much pressure, that he was sent flying out of the house.

"CURSE YOU! GAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!"

The magician crash landed on a pile of boxes outside while screaming that and fell unconscious.

The hero stared at what he saw with with wide open eyes and a mouth as equally wide open. That staff was so easy to handle, that even monsters could wield it...
The hero snapped out of his shock and took out his blade and exclaimed,

"Stop now, monster! Even though you defeated the magician, as the hero of this country, I will kill you now!"

The hero pointed his blade towards the monster.

"I am not Monster. I am Avaritia!"

Avarita replied, sounding annoyed.
Then Avaritia froze. He stared at the hero's golden equipment.

"SHINY!"

He then dashed to the hero without another thought.

"What?! Energy Pressure!"

"Gwah?!"

Startled, the hero shot a spell at Avaritia by reflex without having the time to think.

"FUUUAAAAAAAAH! NOOOOO! SHINY!"

The spell shot Avaritia several feet in the air, as if catapulting him out.
Avaritia flew out of the abandoned building and got catapulted out of the country and landed in the pond of a forest. The stolen staff came as a bonus.

"ARGH!"

The staff fell on Avaritia's head and the impact made him immediately lose consciousness.
Seconds later, he was floating on the water like a dead fish.