Chapter 33 "Defeat"

"You know you literally were born to be my minion, right?"

"No, but I wanna help Darnel!"

"Oh ok."

The darkness king shrugged off my shouting and spewed flames at me, Darnel, and all the other humans who came to yell words at Darnel. 

I jumped up to the darkness king's eye and punched it.

"Ouch!"

The darkness king shouted in pain and covered his eye with his hand. So I punched his other eye. I am so smart.

"Hey! Gimme your sword!"

Darnel looked confused but he gave me the sword anyway. I jumped towards the darkness king and hacked at his horns.

"NOOOOOOO OUCH OUCH IT HURTS STOP! I'LL GIVE YOU ANYTHING JUST STOP!!"

"GIVE ME GOLD!"

"I'LL GIVE YOU AS MUCH AS YOU WANT!"

The darkness took gold coins out that filled his entire hand.

"Ok!"

I stopped hacking at his horns that were about to fall off to get gold. My hard earned reward!

"Huh?! Avaritia what are you doing?!"

I looked down and saw a human boy yelling at me. Huh? Who was he again? Oh yeah, Darnel! I forgot with all the gold being shown!

"Getting gold!"

"But we were here to defeat the darkness king!"

Right! I forgot for a second! Maybe if I defeat the darkness king, I get even more gold!

"I'm gonna get more gold!"

"How am I getting defeated by one of my minions?! Am I really that weak?!"

The darkness king was crying for some reason. Whatever. I am gonna get gold!

"Gold!"

My cry sounded like a lot of people from a distance. Weird.
I turned around and saw many people from my former world running towards us.
Oh, so it was them!
They surrounded the darkness king.

"Huh? What's going on?"

"We demand more gold!"

"That's right! We weren't given enough! We want more!"

They protested to the darkness king while being ready to attack him with claws, fangs, whatever they used to harass me in the past when I just tried to take their gems and other shiny stuff.

"Hey that tickles! If you keep doing this you're not gonna get any gold!"

The darkness king laughed while they attacked him.

"HOW DARE YOU! YOU PROMISED ME GOLD!!"

In anger I launched a kick towards his face that made him fly several feet into the air.
Then he exploded into purple particles while shouting,
"But you were my miniooooooonnnnnssss!!!!"

Darnel seemed happy and all his friends cheered that they won or something. But they also looked kind of confused, I wonder why?
But not everyone was happy.

"Aww, no gold..."

"Just stupid purple colors! This was a waste of time! I'm going back!"

"That Amicum lied to me! I thought I was gonna get some shiny stuff!"

The people from my former world said reasonably angry that they got no gold.
I clenched my teeth at the frustration of not getting any gold.

.....

Wait, teeth?

"I have teeth?!"

I shouted in surprise. And then I realised that my voice didn't sound like it did in a cave, but like that of a human only more handsome.

And then, I also realised, I had a mouth.

"Darnel! Look! I have a mouth!"

I proudly showed him my new teeth by opening my mouth wide.

"Huh? Uh...what?"

Darnel seemed as shocked and confused as I do. I thought only those that are very powerful get a mouth!

"Avaritia, I'm more concerned about the fact that you're now several meters tall and have wings."
He said while pointing at me from very far below.

"Oh! I didn't realise that! Cool! But I wish I had some gold now..."

As soon as I said that, tons of gold coins appeared in my hand out of nowhere.
Shiny and golden coins.

"GOLD COINS OUT OF NOWHERE!?!?! DARNEL I CAN CREATE GOLD COINS!"

But instead of Darnel, all the people from my world turned around to look.

"HE CREATED GOLD OUT OF NOTHING!"

"Hey I know that guy! He used to steal from me years ago!"

The people from my world cheered happily and praised me.

I was so happy, I hoped even the landscape around us would turn gold.
And it did! Hurray!

"Yay! I can turn anything I want into gold!"

"That's amazing! I'll follow you for life!"

"He's the new and better Darkness King! Long live the better Darkness King!"

Everyone of my former world was happy for me...could this be...Fortune Touch?! The skill I longed for years but never got and gave up on?! The one that makes the person that has it turn anything they touch into gold?!

"WOOOHOOOOOO I LOVE MY LIFE!!"

I forgot all about Darnel and his friends.

--------------------------------------------

From the distance on a golden tree, a lone figure sat there on a branch. It was Amicum.

"And I wanted to become the new darkness king and it turned out to be Avaritia!? This is unfair! I lived longer than him, why can't I rule as the Darkness King?!"

Amicum hugged his knees while sobbing.

A skeleton floating next to him patted his shoulder while saying, "Me too, son. Me too..."

"Who are you?!"

The End.