Chapter 28 "The grey monsters"

"Well, that didn't go as planned."

The cat-eared girl Nyahlia said with disappointment while sitting in prison with the other heroes, including the king.

They lost the fight against the dragon miserably and were locked in the castle's prison.

"Why did they not lock Avaritia in?"

"Can you stop talking about him at least once?"

"But he's my only brother!"

While Darnel was fighting with the princess, Anastashia was trying to open the door with her chicken pet's beak.

--------------------------

"It's an honor to be in front of you! Darkness king!"

Avaritia kneeled in front of the darkness king.

"So you are the one that came to this world before all of us. Tell me, how did you do that?"

Avaritia stared blankly at the dragon as if not really understanding his question.

"Huh? I don't know. Magician summoned me and then dissapeared.
I gave up searching for him."

The darkness dragon gave a slight grin at that response.

"Oh, so you mean this human?"

The darkness dragon dropped a cloaked human in front of Avaritia.

"WH-WHAT'S GOING ON?!"

The human panicked. Avaritia's eyes shone.

"Yes! That's the human!"

"Oh, you heard that, magician? Someone did give you credit for your work. Although we were brought here by other humans."

The darkness dragon smiled at the trembling human in front of him.

"S-So, I summoned one of you. W-Will I get more powers now like you promised?"

"Hm? Yeah sure, here you go."

The dragon then casually dropped a blue flame on the magician.

"a...AHAHAHAHAHA! THIS POWER! IT'S AMAZING!"

"Don't be so dramatic, it's just a magic attack boost."

As the magician was freaking out about his new powers, the dragon then looked like he remembered something.

"Oh yeah, how did you get that human form?"

He asked Avaritia with much curiosity, who only gave him another blank stare.

"Huh? I heard a voice. Then I got a human form. Then I teleported."

"Huh. Seems like this world has some mysterious things as well."

The dragon awkwardly scratched his head while muttering that.

"There he is!"

But his thoughts quickly vanished after he saw thousands of his species approaching him.
Under all those he recognized the one leading them.

"Oh? Well if it isn't my former guard Amicum."

"Don't call me that!"

The dragon smiled at Amicum's angry reply.

"Sure, but what a surprise seeing you here. You suddenly vanished years ago."

"I didn't need your stupid world! And now you suddenly appear here?!"

The other creatures stared at him in shock as he was insulting the strongest of their world.

"Of course I'm here! Why should I miss the exciting opportunity of ruling over two worlds!"

The dragon said as if it was obvious.
Amicum clenched his fists in anger as he looked at the laughing dragon.

"If you take over this place, then there will be a lot of gold for you!"

The eyes of the grey creatures sparkled after Amicum shouted that at them. Gold! But when they saw the dragon they hesitated as they weren't sure if it was good to go against their king.

"Eh, it's fine. You can have this castle, I already have enough gold.
Well then, I'm gonna go and spread fear on all of humanity now. Bye!"

And with those words, the darkness king spread his wings and flew away, leaving the army of grey creatures speechless.

"GET THE GOLD!"

And after one of them said that, the thousands of grey creatures attempt to take whatever treasure they could get, which started a big fight.

"Give me! I took it first!"

"And I saw it first!"

"And I mentioned it first!"

"No it's mine!"

The arguing monsters were interrupted by Avaritia who stormed through and snatched all the gold from them, no matter who it belonged to.