Chapter 32 "Still alive"

"Do you have a death wish, human?!"

The dragon roared as he flied towards me, obviously trying to attack.
It opened it's mouth and spewed grey flames towards me.
I dodged it, but not enough to escape harmlessly. A flame spark still managed to damage my armor.

"I won't be defeated, monster!" I yelled.

"DIE!!" The enraged dragon began to reach it's arm towards me.

"Evil paralyzer!"
I use my strongest thunder magic. The sparks flew in the air towards the dragon.
I expected the dragon to collapse, but it continued attacking me as if nothing happened...

"What was that! It tickled!" It even ridiculed my thunder spell.

"Ugh!"
The dragon swung his tail at me, throwing me towards a house at full force. I cry in pain at the impact.

"Darnel!"
I hear Nyahlia cry my name in worry.

I looked at her in shock. This was the first time someone ever got worried for me.
For a second I thought that I was hallucinating.

But the dragon spewing fire at me made me remember that I was in a battle.

"Careful, hahaha!"

And before I could even try to dodge the flames, Anastashia got in front of me in an instant and opened her bag, which absorbed all the flames.

"Uh..."

"Amazing right? I got it when I accidentally destroyed a world!"
She said while laughing.

I wasn't sure what she meant with that, but I assumed that she was joking to help me improve my mood.

I picked up my sword and ran towards the dragon, and got ready to throw the blade at its head.

I launched the sword at the grey dragon and increased the blade's speed by applying thunder magic on it.

The sword flew right into the dragon's forehead.

"MY HEAD! AAAHHHH!"

As I successfully gave the dragon a headache, I approached the crying dragon and cast a new thunder spell.

----------------------------------

"NOO!! DARNEL IT'S A TRAP!"

"Avaritia, shut up! He can't even hear you!"

Amicum yelled at Avaritia who jumped up and was screaming at the distant figure of his brother.

"But Darnel is going to die if I don't tell him!"

"Who cares, Avaritia! He's just some human! Now shut up and continue watching!"

"NO WAY YOU SHUT UP BOSS I HATE YOU!!"

Avaritia screamed without hesitation at Amicum after hearing that and jumped off the giant tree feeling very angry.

"...What just happened?"

Amicum stared blankly to where Avaritia was previously on the tree. It all happened too fast for him to react.

"He was the most useful subordinate I had too..."

Amicum sighed and jumped off the tree as well.

-----------------

"It's over, monster!"

I shouted at the dragon while being ready to shoot my thunder spell.

"Thunder dragon!"

I shout the name of the spell as I shoot it at the dragon. A thunder bolt formed like a dragon. Not as fast as a normal thunder bolt, but its stronger.
Finally. It's over. The world is saved.

"Too slow!"

The dragon dodged my spell with a smirk. It then spewed grey flames that I knew I wasn't fast enough to dodge.

"Don't die!"

"That's right! It's my fault after all!"

The two brothers pushed me away from the flames as quick as possible.
I pick up my sword from the ground.

"Don't give up, Darnel! We'll all die if you do!"

"That's right! By the way, I could've done it better!"

Nyahlia, Anastashia.... they were cheering me on...I think?

"Go, thunder hero!"

"I believe in you!"

The two brothers cheered me on...

"Defeat them!"

The girl who came with Avaritia...

"Even as this kingdom's hero, I was useless in this fight... So go, Thunder hero! Defeat that evil for the lighting kingdom!"

This kingdom's hero cheered me on...

"Go, hero! One of those grey monsters ruined my walk with my son years ago! Defeat them!"

"Save us from those grey monsters!"

And uh... a father and son who I have never met before....?

"Darnel!!"

I turn around and see Avaritia jumping towards me.
He jumped towards me and hugged me with teary eyes.

"Darnel, I will help you! Please don't die!"

Avaritia said with while crying.

"But..."

"YES I AM SORRY ABOUT ME NOT UNDERSTANDING THAT YOU GET SAD AT SOMEONE'S DEATH! YOU CAN EXPLAIN IT BUT PLEASE LET ME HELP YOU!"

Avaritia rambled nonsense while still hugging me.
I felt kinda moved at Avaritia's attempt to understand, but I still wasn't sure if I could forgive him.

"Yes, we will defeat the dragon, but don't think I will suddenly overlook all of the things you have done."
I said as serious as I could to convey the situation to Avaritia.

"Yes! Thank you I will help you!"
Avaritia said happily while jumping next to my side, ready to help attack the dragon.

"What? You're helping a human now? I don't get it!"

The dragon looked at us with confusion.