Chapter 30 "Oops"

"Waaahhhh! Darnel, you horrible person!"

Avaritia cried as he ran into the forest.

"Stop you monster!"

"No! My name is Avaritia! How could you treat me like this because of my looks!"

Darnel stared at Avaritia with disbelief. That monster simply cannot be his brother. Yet, their cries are too similar.

"See? I am human Avaritia now! Isn't this a cool power?" Avaritia asks desperately as he transforms into a human.

"N-No! It's..." Darnel's voice trailed off as he collapsed on his knees.

"You really are my brother Avaritia..."

"Yes, yes! That's right!" Avaritia nodded vigorously.

"But...why are you a monster?"

"Monster? I am? I don't know what I am, but whatever! You should instead watch this!"

Avaritia showed Darnel a necklace with a light blue gem.

"It's the most shiny thing I got! Pretty cool, right?" Avaritia said as he puffed up his chest in pride.

Darnel didn't reply and only stared at the necklace with his eyes wide open.

"Avaritia..." Darnel continued. "Why do you have dad's necklace?"

"Huh?" Avaritia looked at Darnel, and what he saw on his face, was anger.

"Dad never leaves without it wherever he goes. He always told us how that thing saved his life." Darnel said as clenched his fists.

"Huh? Who is dad?" Avaritia asked as he tilted his head.

Without warning, Darnel punched Avaritia in his face.

"You lived with mom and dad for almost 4 years! How can you forget dad!"

After Darnel yelled that, Avaritia remembered the man who would sometimes be at their house.
Darnel and the small girl called him dad. The human Avaritia defeated with his boss Amicum also looked very similar to that man. Avaritia then realised that they were the same person.

"Oh...Oops?" Avaritia scratched the back of his neck in embarrassment.

Darnel began to punch Avaritia many more times.

"YOU KILLED MY DAD AND ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY IS 'OOPS'?!" Darnel yelled without stopping to punch.

"Ouch! Ow! Ouch! Stop hitting me, Darnel!"

"Apologize!"

"For what?!"

"For ruining my home!"

"Huh?! I didn't ruin anything!"

Darnel's fists began to hurt and he stopped punching.

"You...you aren't even aware of what you did..." Darnel said in a low voice.

"I don't know what you mean!"

"Apologize! You killed my dad and destroyed our village and gave it to some dangerous monster!"

"I didn't know! Boss ruled your village!"

"Stop using excuses! You always try to push things onto others! Just like when you pushed the field work onto the other villagers!" Darnel yelled.

Avaritia flinched. "You-You know about it?"

"Of course I do! Did you really think I couldn't hear the villagers complaining of work even more time than usual while they were doing your work?!"

Avaritia froze. He didn't reply.

"Sorry!"

"Hey! Come back!"

Darnel yelled as Avaritia ran away.

------------------------

I couldn't hear Darnel yell anymore. I turned back to my normal form and climbed on a tree.
Now he can't find me!

"Ow..." My face still hurts! Why did Darnel punch me so many times?!

I look at the shiny gem necklace. Why did Darnel become mad at me having something from someone else?! He was already dead!

I don't understand Darnel sometimes.

"So this is where you were."

I look up and see Boss on a higher tree branch.

"Boss!" He is here! He can help me understand for sure!

"Hi subordinate Avaritia. Anything new?"
Boss is speaking to me with a title! And wants me to tell him what I did! Boss is the best!

"I was punched by Darnel for having his dad's necklace!" I said and showed Boss the shiny necklace.

Boss didn't reply but he looked like he was thinking. As expected of Boss!

"Maybe he wants revenge." Boss said.

"Revenge?" Why does Darnel want revenge?

"Yes. Humans can get very angry if you kill their species." Boss said and nodded.

Oh. Oh no. That means Darnel hates me now?

"Will Darnel hate me forever?!" He always gave me coins when I did my homework!

"Probably." Boss said as if he didn't care.

"Oh..." I feel sad. The last time I felt very sad, was when I lost all my gold.

"More importantly, look at all the things I found in the human's castle!" 
Boss said happily and took out lots of shiny golden things.

"Amazing, Boss!" Boss always knows how to make me happy again!

"I made a plan to get a lot more gold!"

"Boss is so smart!"

---------------------------------------------------------

I quietly went back to the castle. There's no way I would be fast enough to catch up to Avaritia's speed. I didn't even feel like running, even though I have to before the grey monsters take over the kingdom. Yet here am I, abandoning the others just to chase after this one monster.

Who I lived with under the same roof for almost 4 years. I thought he was just stupid, but to think he behaved so stupid because he was a monster that came from somewhere far away...

I sighed. So much has happened in just a few weeks...To think I was just happily going to school before that...

As I got closer to the castle, I could recognize more and more grey monsters.

"Don't give up! Defend the castle!"

A girl with pink hair shouted that, commanding soldiers that were fighting against the grey monsters. I could see Nyahlia and Anastashia fighting against those creatures as well.
I took my blade and charged at the grey monsters near my teammates.

"AAAGGHHH"

I electrocute a group of the monsters with my thunder magic. Seems like I have the best chances at defeating them.