Chapter 2 "Transformation"

A father and his son were taking a walk in the forest. The father often came to this forest. It was considered a peaceful forest made for relaxation.
The colorful birds were chirping their songs, and were giving the forest a soothing atmosphere.

The trees were decorated in their green leaves, and the father took his son to this forest so he could show his son the beauty of nature.

The son was sometimes running ahead of his father, and the father would then say:

"Don't run into the distance. You could get lost!"

"Okay~"

The son then slowed down a bit, and saw a pond. Suddenly he began to cry.

"What's wrong son?"

"Wuuuaaaaah! T-There's a demon in the water!"

"What are you talking about? That's impossible. Look, it's probably a piece of wood aAAAAAAAAAAAH!"
Before the Father could finish his sentence, he saw a grey creature floating in the pond.
The father's mind went blank in fear.

"RUN SON! OR WE WILL BE THE NEXT!"
He shouted in fear and took his son to run away.
The only thing he was certain, was that there was a demon.

Avaritia woke up after suddenly hearing screams.
He looked to the direction of the screams and saw two humans running away.

He found it nice that the people were so friendly to wake him up with a scream, instead of how they did it in his world where one would throw pebbles at a sleeping creature to check if it was still alive.

He tried to swim on land, but then he saw something that made him so happy. The stolen staff from the magician! He quickly took it and arrived at land.

There, he remembered what happened.

Avaritia remembered the equipment of the hero and got frustrated.

He also remembered that he got teleported to a strange building, and that magician person was responsible for it.

He thought that maybe if he finds that magician, he could go back to his place. After all, all his treasures were stored in a cave he had.

Then he realised something.
"Huh?! What is up with the sky?!"

Avaritia looked at the clear blue sky.

"Isn't it usually really dark and with purple clouds?! Where am I?!"
At the sight of the strange new blue sky, Avaritia came to the realisation that this was not his world.

"Oh well, it's not gold, so whatever."
Since it had nothing to do with gold, Avaritia immediately lost interest and continued wandering around the forest.

"I'll search for the person who brought me here."

Avaritia knew that the magician brought him to this place and decided to search for him.

"He's not that hard to find! He looked really ugly!"

It has been a day since Avaritia was summoned and he was wandering around, looking for the magician.

"I miss my treasures! I wanna swim through them and collect more shiny treasures!"

He cried while staggering towards somewhere, not knowing where.

Then he felt his stomach growling. Since he didn't have a mouth, he squashed some berries that he found on his arm, so that his skin could absorb the stuff he needed.
All calamity monsters ate like that. They had no mouth after all.

After a long time of wandering without a destination, he found a cave.
Inside the cave was a yellow light shining to the entrance.
He was filled with expectations for something golden, and ran into the cave.
After Avaritia entered the cave, his expectations were replaced with disappointment instead.

In the cold and dark interior of the cave, was a lantern there with a flickering fire that gave the cave the only light it had in that place.

"Stupid cave, making me think that there is something golden, I hate you!"

He screamed and stomped on the floor in anger. He then remembered he was looking for the magician and wanted to continue searching, but then he spotted a red button on one of the rocks.

"A button! Like in one of the hideouts I usually find gold! Will it open a door to gold?!"

He said with expectations as he clicked on it. But what it gave him, was a trap that let the floor under him collapse, and he fell.

As it seemed like Avaritia would receive serious damage, he landed on his feet as if the height was nothing. Then he checked his surroundings.

It felt cold and only another lantern made one able to see.
The walls were made of dirt and rocks.
The lantern seemed to have been glowing for a long time.

"You...."

A weak voice called Avaritia from behind.

"Huh?"

But behind him was just a skeleton lying on the ground.

"I have never seen... something like you..."

But fire was glowing where the eyes of the skeletons should be.

"Hello. Do you have gold?"

Avaritia saw all sorts of things in his world, so this was nothing shocking.

"Interesting... A monster that can talk... say, what is your goal?"

"Shiny things!"

Avaritia immediately replied to that question.

"Not very big for a goal... as expected from a monster. Perhaps this will give you a real goal."

Suddenly, the skeleton's arm slowly moved to Avaritia's shoulder.

And suddenly, Avaritia's body began to glow.

"I am shiny?!"

Avaritia was surprised but at the same time really happy. He loved shiny things so much, but he never thought that he would become shiny.

"Yes! I'm shiny! Thank you ugly skeleton man!"

"Excuse me?"

"Huh?"

As Avaritia was jumping in joy, he then realised that he wasn't glowing anymore.

"Anyway, let's see if you make things for me a little interesting..."

"SHINY!"

Avaritia ignored the voice after spotting a sparkling gem.

As he grabbed it, a strange force gathered around him and then Avaritia disappeared.

"Heh... As expected from a monster.
Too stupid to realize that it was a gem of random teleportation."
The voice snorted.