Chapter 17 "A bloody battle"

After one of the two villagers wanted to use the net, the other one stopped him, claiming that it could escape.

"Fine, time for plan B!"

"What? We had a plan B?"

"HEY EVERYONE! WE CAUGHT THE MONSTER!"

Then, many people came out of their houses to check who yelled like that.
After they saw the two, they approached them.

"Is that really true? You are not lying are you? Because you woke up the entire village."

One of the people who approached the two, was the village chief.
He seemed very stressed.

"We would like to show you, but it would escape."

"Don't worry. We still have some tricks to catch it."
The village chief calmly said.

"Okay..."
The villager nodded hesitantly

After that, the Villager slowly removed the trap where Avaritia was.

Everyone held their breaths.
Villager 1 closed his eyes in fear.
Some even already made a starting pose for running away. After the villager removed the trap, everyone stared at the monster intensely.

The evil monster was just laying there, staring at the trap's bait.
It ignored all the villagers. At this moment, the villagers asked themselves how they could get scared from such a weak looking creature.

"I can't believe we were scared of this mutated cat..."
A villager said with a sigh.

"Do you even know if it's a cat?"

"Well it behaves like one. That explains everything."

"Alright everyone, now capture that cat, and bring it to the king's castle! We'll be rich in no time!"
The village chief commanded with a grin.

"See? Even the Chief says it's a cat."

The Villagers took ropes out to capture the monster. Avaritia kept ignoring them and kept playing with the bait (gold).

Several Villagers slowly tied ropes on Avaritia.

"Oh yeah, where did you get all those gold coins as the trap?"

"I don't know I found it near Lilia's home! I think it fell from a window!"

Just after saying that, a kick in the face threw the villager up to a tree.
The one who kicked him, was Avaritia.
And his eyes were blood red.

"You took my gold, Now I'll take your head!"

Avaritia's ripped the ropes into pieces.

The villagers trembled. Some were taking steps back slowly or about to run.
However, the village chief raised his hand as a signal to not run away from the monster.

"Don't run away. These types of monsters go for the ones that run first."
The village chief said slowly.

However, the villagers were too scared to listen. So some ran away screaming.

Of course, Avaritia attacked them first.
He jumped meters ahead to a villager, and clung on his back.

"EEEEEEEEEKKKK ! HELP ME!! AHHHHHHH!!!"
The villager screeched in panic while running around.
The villager paniced and tried to shake Avaritia off. But it only made it worse.
Avaritia's blood red eyes glowed more fiercely.

"You humans took my gold! Die!"

Avaritia shot his claws into the Villagers back.

"AAAAHHHHH!"

Avaritia then slashed his back, leaving the back with big wounds.

Avaritia tried to attack again, but then he realised a knife flew at him.
He jumped off the Villager's back to dodge the knife, leaving the knife flying into a tree.

Avaritia glared at the person who threw the knife.

It was a big man, who had a bull skull on his head as decoration.
His cape was made of a bull's skin.
He had a giant axe on his right hand, that was as big as himself, and a poisonous knife on his left hand.

"Bulliver!"
The injured Villager said with a voice filled with hope. Everyone knew Bulliver. He was an incredibly strong hunter. He beat up a bear with his bare fists.

"Heh. Seems like something rare came."
Bulliver said with a grin.

"Really?! Where?!"
Avaritia looked into all directions excitedly after hearing the word 'rare'.

Bulliver raised his eyebrow at Avaritia's words.

"So you can talk too, huh? You will fetch a high price!"
Bulliver said happily.

"High price?! Give me!!!"
Avaritia's eyes became red flames at the thought of gold.

Bulliver dashed to Avaritia, preparing his axe. Avaritia easily dodged Bulliver's axe.
After Bulliver swung his axe, he used his knife, and slashed Avaritia's defenseless back.

"Gruaaargh!"

Crying of the pain, Avaritia stopped his movements.
Blood dripped down from Avaritia's back.

"Claw Wind!"

Being Avaritia's fastest attack, Bulliver couldn't dodge the attack, and the slashes cut his chest. He coughed blood, and his legs wavered.

Bulliver grit his teeth and started another attack. And so did Avaritia. But he couldn't use his skill again, because it could only be used once a day.

Both of them rushed to one another, and attacked. Bulliver swung his axe again, and Avaritia was counter attacking with his claws.

They both attacked again and each one of them dashed to their opponent. Slashes, kicks, and swings could be seen from the two of them.

The Villagers were captured by the fight. They couldn't even move, and nobody dared to speak. One was eating popcorn. (This villager discovered popcorn by accident.)

Both of them attempted another attack. But then, both were stopped by the burning pain of their wounds.

Bulliver forced himself another attack, while Avaritia was still paralyzed from his pain.

Bulliver used his axe and slashed Avaritia into two pieces. Or that's what he thought he would. In that very moment, something blocked his eyesight, and was clinging on his back. He struggled and tried to shake off whatever was on his back.

"I won't allow you to kill my money collector!"

"Boss!"
Avaritia exclaimed in joy.

"Don't just stand there! Let's defeat this Human!"

Avaritia nodded, and was ready to fight together with his Boss.

The villagers watching from the sidelines didn't move an inch.