Chapter 5 "Adoption"

In a cave hidden in a forest, there were two slave traders happily laughing.

"Good job finding high quality goods, john!" The first slave trader congratulated the second one.

"Hahaha! you know me! I always look for the best quality!"
The second slave trader grinned after saying that while looking the the two villagers he caught, which were a 30 year old woman and a 6 year old girl.
Both of them wore golden collars while being locked in a cell.

"You sure our client will accept these as servants? They look kinda weak."
The first slave trader asked doubtfully.

"It's fine, he only said find me some female slaves. Then give them my golden collars so they are more worthy." The second one responded.

"I'll never understand nobles."

"Yeah, me neither."

The two said as they shrugged their shoulders at the same time.

"You demons!"
The woman yelled at them angrily.

"Oh, don't show us that expression, that's scaring us." The first slave trader responded in a mocking tone.

"Ahaha! That's r- AAAAAAAIIIIII?!"
When the second one wanted to agree, he was interrupted by the unidentified object that suddenly fell on him and his colleague, making them fall into unconsciousness.

"Ouch!"

Avaritia, who fell on them, also became unconscious, because he hit his head when he fell.

The captured ones stared widely at the sudden boy that appeared.

After Avaritia woke up again, he realised he had no idea where he was. His restlessness made his hands tremble.

"Where is the shiny gem!? Where is the shiny rod?"
Avaritia searched the ground if the gem or the staff just fell, but with no luck. He felt tears coming out.

"Ah? Clothes?! Amazing! Only the richest had clothes at home!"
He said excitedly while looking at his simple clothes, which were just a white shirt and grey pants.

'Am I ...rich?!' He thought with excitement.

"Um...hey!"
The little girl called Avaritia.

"Huh?"
Avaritia then realised that there were two people locked in a cell. He checked his pinkish arms and strange fur on his head, and then looked at the humans.

"Huh? I have their skin on?"
Avaritia asked himself with confusion.

"Umm...Help?" The woman asked hesitantly as she heard him mutter that.

Avaritia first saw no reason in releasing them and also no gem, so he first tried to leave them until suddenly he saw...

"...If you give me your shiny collars..."
Avaritia spotted their collars and he got fascinated by the shininess.

"Um, kid... can you stop with that expression and help us out...?"

Such a shiny collar would make countless clans do wars to get it. Avaritia's hands began to tremble.

"Hey kid? alright, alright, we'll give you the collars!"
The woman became worried after Avaritia began to tremble.

Avaritia knew he couldn't show weakness in front of these humans. But he still decided to free them for the collars.

"CLAW WIND!"

He destroyed the cell doors with his skill and was glad that his original strength was still with him.
The girls gave him their collars with a dumbfounded look.

"Umm..." The little girl tried to say something.

"Can you also free my older brother?"
The little girl pointed at another cell.

"...Thank you sister.. I wasn't forgotten..."
In the cell was a boy looking really moved.

Avaritia destroyed his cell door and the boy handed Avaritia his collar. But Avaritia's hands felt damaged. He wondered why.

"My name is Lilia. And this is my son Darnel and my daughter Daisy."
The Woman introduced herself and her children.

Lilia was a middle aged Woman with brown hair that was tied together, and had light blue eyes.

Daisy was a little girl with blond hair and light blue eyes.

And Darnel was a Brown haired boy with sky blue eyes, and who had seemingly no presence. It seemed like he was aware of that. And not very happy of that.

"By the way kid, it's really surprising that you know a skill at that young age."

"I knew this skill since birth."
Avaritia replied truthfully.

Avaritia thought back to the day he was born...
He remembered waking up on some rocks.
The sky had a purple mist that made everything look dark.

While remembering that Information, Avaritia didn't realize how long he was lost in his thoughts.

"I-I see..."
Lilia did not expect this answer at all.

"But anyways, what is your name?"

"Avaritia."

"An interesting name. Avaritia, where are your parents?"

"What is 'parents'?"

Lilia raised an eyebrow at that unexpected question.
The kid before them, knew nothing about parents.

"Um...It's someone who raised you since you were born."

"Uh? Raise? I never needed that."
Avaritia casually said.

But the family before him did not see it as something normal. 'He must have suffered a lot if he could talk about something like that so casually.' They all thought while looking at him with pity.

Lilia was thinking over something for a while, but then she asked,

"Avaritia, if it's okay with you, why don't you join our family?"

"Yes! Then I have two older brothers!" Daisy said really excited.

"I don't really mind." Darnel said, his presence still non-existent.

"Huh, what?" Avaritia did not expect this question at all.

But then he remembered something his Boss of his previous world once told him:
"If you infiltrate a clan and they find out you are not one of them, you are dead! So take as many gems as you can from them!"

Remembering those words, Avaritia shed a tear at the wise words of his leader, and decided to join this human family.

"YES!! TAKE ME WITH YOU!"