Chapter 24 "Return from far away"

"I can't take this anymore! Get me off this place!"

"Calm down!"

Two former farmers. They have been stuck in this place for months. They did get new equipment and powers, but that was it.

"Why are we even here? Why?"

"I don't know. It was probably the gem we had."

They both fell into silence after that.

"*sniff* Our own greed caused this..."
The first farmer said while starting to cry.

"Look at the bright side of this! We are still alive!"

"YOU CALL BEING ALIVE A GOOD THING IN THIS CURSED PLACE?!"

The attempt of the second (former) farmer to cheer his brother up failed.

"...Let's just go hunting..."

The other one agreed, and both were about to go when suddenly they were stopped by someone.

"You want to leave this world?"

The dragon asked them from the deep abyss with a grin.

"Y-Yes..."
They replied to the intimidating voice. They had only heard it's growls after all.

"I know the perfect thing for you to do to leave this place."

Both figured that it could be a trap, but they did want to leave.
They were led to some very old ruins that they had never seen in this place before.

"S-So, what will we do?"
One of the two farmers asked with trembling legs.

"Put your hand on this."

The dragon pointed at a red gem next to a giant ring that resembled a portal.
Without a second thought, they put their hands on the gem, making it glow.
The glowing of the gem seemingly triggered the portal next to it to open.

"This portal brings you to your world."

Joy unlike any before they had showed on their faces, instantly jumping into the portal.
And on the other side of the portal, they saw a scenery too familiar to them.
A green forest with a blue river flowing through was before them, making them cry in happiness.

"We are back..."

"We really are..."

They even danced because of their happiness.

"This world is great!"

But they were not the only ones who traveled into their original world.
The otherworldly creatures were streaming out of the portal, running into all directions.
The only entities not moving from their place, were the two farmers.
In disbelief at seeing this scene in front of them, they stood there, not knowing what to do.

"Just because you could go through the portal, doesn't mean that we can't do it too."

The dragon said with a wide smile as he stepped out of the portal into their world.

"Thanks for bringing us to your world."