Witches Weekly

"The Taschereau industry has conquered the business world, the financial world and many others under the leadership of my father. I hope to see them all continue to prosper under my watch." She began her speech, her eyes still scanning the room for Tom. "Today marks a new beginning in the entertainment industry of magic. From news to music, and politics to acting, the new branch will focus on everything our readers want. The holding in the daily prophet has been expanded and there will be a new magazine. Witches weekly. With the new revenue, pay checks will be equalized. No pay will be cut, only made equal. My new business partner, Candace Cameron a fellow graduate of Beauxbatons, will be over seeing the additional department. The arts are a very important part of any persons life, so The Taschereau empire will also be taking on sponsoring young artists, and furthering their careers. While of course making a profit." She added the last part specifically for her audience. The wealthy sea of thousand dollar suit wearing nobility laughed. She spoke about the financial structure and other small analogies, as well as joking about being a workaholic for a good ten minutes. "And of course, I am personally seeing to give out as many scholarships, and family support, that my financial department will let me. With all these changes, I intend to create more jobs, enrich my legacy, and to make dreams come true. Thank you all for coming, I hope this is a night to remember."

She returned to her seat as Candace stood up to talk more about witches weekly. Their brainchild. Tom still was not there. She had checked with his school, and they said that he had been free to leave. She frowned, maybe he just had an exam he needed to study for. She returned her attention to her smiling friend who was quickly gaining the admiration of everyone in the room. She had also invited Maria and Elise, who were more than happy to miss the school. Maria had brought the handsome French boy from Beauxbatons as her date and Elise had come with her 'friend' Helena.

Candace has finished her toast and returned to the table. She smiled as she sat down then frowned.
"Tom still not here? Olly couldn't make it either." She Said.

"I don't know I mean it is a lot to ask for someone who loves school as much as him to miss his studies." Said Freya

"Its a success! Don't worry about him." Said Candace.

"You were wonderful, French. Or is it Freya or Miss Taschereau now that you are a businesswoman?" Asked Maria thoughtfully.

"Frenchy is still fine in closed company, but think your highness may work too." She Said laughing a little bit.

Elise laughed.

"Well, highness, I suppose that makes Candace her Majesty." Said Elise.

"I. Love. It. And that makes the two of you her graces." Said Candace.

"Personally I would prefer princess." Said Maria looking in a hinting way at the French boy to her left.

The boy who's name Freya had been too preoccupied to learn, shifted uncomfortably.

"Very regal, I love it." Said Candace. "Could you pass the salt, your highness?"

"Why of course your Majesty, would you like to have the pepper as well?" Said Freya.

The pair were speaking in mock British accents.

"Dinner is spectacular." Said The French boy.

"I made sure that all dietary restrictions were taken into account. Of course some people," Freya gestured to one of her older relatives, "refuse to eat what I make for them."

"Jacques, mi amore, care to dance?" Asked Maria.

"Why of course, Princess" mumbled Jacques.

"Oh, is that the time? We need to mingle." Said Freya, pulling Candace to her feet.