Fool

"Ana." Said Tom, looking up briefly from his book, addressing the witch who was staring at him.

"Why is everyone afraid of you?" She Asked. Tom looked up.

"And you aren't?"

"I know you wouldn't hurt me, you need Abraxas." She Said.

"Why are you talking to me?" He asked, rather exasperated.

"Well, I was just wondering what you did to make Freya turn down that party invite, I know that you went to go see her." Said Ana.

"I didn't tell her not to come." He said.

"Well Freya's never turned down an evening filled with potential employees or investors, plus I know that she's been dying to see Abraxas. You should see her letters to him."

"I don't know what's going on." He said. He thought that everything had ended well after their little fight.

"I suppose it could just be that there is too much going on in the London office. She wrote that she may be visiting her Grandmother in April."

"Grandmother?"

"Yes, She, Frank, And Candace are all fond of the woman. She's the one who made Freya go to Beauxbatons."

"Who's Frank?"

"Freya's councilman. He practically raised her. He taught her the right forks for each course of the meal and everything." Said Ana.

Tom frowned, why hadn't he known about this? She'd mentioned her grandmother, that woman who knew her mother, but never Frank. He came back to his senses when he realized that Ana had continued to talk.

"... maybe you should write her more. She almost never discusses you, because she doesn't know what's going on in your life."

He didn't respond, he just got up and left. Ana was a loyal person, but a terrible gossip. But right now, he was rather grateful for her tendency to dish the dirt, as Freya who paraphrased Candace would say. So he proceeded to sit down at his desk and begin writing a very informative letter.

My Dearest, Freya,

I was surprised to hear that you will not be attending the Slughorn Easter party.
Knowing you, you knew Ana would tell me and you are using this as leverage to get Candace invited, and maybe even her fiancé. So, yes I will run the idea by Slughorn. I'm sorry this letter is so short, but I must get to my head of house to get your business partner invited.

Love, T.M.R

He was walking to the owlery to send the letter when he spotted familiar blond hair walking towards him.

"The plans are ready, I've secured a position for you at Borgin and Burke's." Abraxas looked a little scared, then added as if an after thought "my lord."

"Good." Said Tom, who continued on his way to the owlery.

"My lord, that is your invitation for my cousin, right?"

"Yes."

"Well, maybe you could make a prettier one, she does love to laminate things. She has a magical laminator and everything."

"What should I do, put pearls on it?" Asked Tom clearly thinking that this was a colossal waste of time.

"Well, that would mess up the lamination job but it you think it would look cute in a frame." Said Abraxas.

Tom scowled as Abraxas left. Abraxas was far too familiar with him.

Tom continued his walk to the owlery, and passed several people.
He saw Walburga and Orion in a compromising position, he saw A group of Ravenclaw girls, and a group of Hufflepuff girls. Why girls traveled in packs, he would never understand. Freya had tried to explain this to him, something about safety in numbers? He turned his head at the sound of a giggle, and saw Three third year girls looking at some third year boy. The boy was a nuisance to his life as head boy. Tom had great satisfaction in that at least he had a worse name than Tom's. Who in their right mind would name their son Fleamont?