Why?

"Jane?" Repeated Freya, looking at the girl who didn't even break up with her face to face.

"Freya." She seemed to breathe. "What is he doing here?" Jane glared daggers at Tom. "So, was right?"

"You hardly have the right to be mad." Said Freya. "You left me with nothing but a note of explanation."

"Because I was under the imperious." Said Jane.

"What a terrible excuse." Said Freya. She folded her arms. She didn't do well with abandonment. She never had. She could forgive many things, but being abandoned hurt her more than anything. "Do you need money or something?"

"What?"

"You see my name in the paper and you think if you come back I'll be your personal piggy bank?"

"No, Freya, listen, it was Tom he put me under the imperious, he forced me to lea-"

"Of course he did. And he also stalked me the weeks before we started dating."

Jane frowned.

"So, you created the ideal scenario. How did you gain her trust?" Jane had turned to Tom.
"I mean really, when did you two get together? The day after I left? I'm guessing Freya was drunk. Because any stalker or someone who knew her a while would know how affectionate she is when she's drunk."

"Get. Out." Said Freya.

"Ooo did I hit a nerve?" Asked Jane.

"Jane, please, you can't seriously expect that I'd believe you, when you cheated on me." Said Freya.

"I did not cheat on you." Said Jane "I didn't write you a letter, you can use verita serum if   You like."

"She said get out." Said Tom.

Freya looked a little stunned. Jane walked over to her and pulled her into a kiss. Freya froze. When Jane pulled away she muttered one thing before she dissaperated.

"I love you."

~•~

It had been five minutes and Freya still hadn't moved. Tom was watching her as she seemed to shift her weight slightly.

"She's lying." Said Freya. "Right?"

"Of course she is." He Said.

"Why would she lie?" Asked Freya.

"Because she's not a good person."

"No, she's never lied to me before."

"Do you believe her?"

"No."

"Do you believe me?"

"I don't know." She Said.

"Well you need to choose one." He Said a little harshly. "And, no, you can not have both."

"I just... I don't know."

"Do you love me?" He Said as though he was accusing her of something.

"Yes." She Said.

"Do you love her?"

"No."

"Then What is there to think about?" Said Tom.

"Nothing, I guess." Said Freya.

He proceeded to pick her up and carry her to the couch. She was in his arms and the world felt right once more.

"What do you think of emperor penguins?" Asked Tom. He knew her well enough to know that if she wasn't drunk, the number one way to distract her was specifically penguins.