Finders Keepers

"You know who I fucking hate?" Asked Walburga Black, looking at her husband.

"Who." Asked the exasperated Orion.

"Freya Taschereau, That girl has everything. All this money, all these friends, and then Tom seems to constantly follow her around, honestly why does he even do that? Surely he can find someone willing." Said Walburga in a huff.

The pair were sitting at their table at the Malfoy wedding. Their own marriage was not a happy one.

"Yes dear." Said Orion Passively, watching one of the bridesmaids.

"Just, someone give her a flaw." Said Walburga

"Maybe it's her love for Riddle." Said Orion tiredly.

"Please, those two are like magnets, gravitational force is not a flaw."

"Maybe it's that she is too nice to people." Said Orion, trying to calm down his wife so that they might have a shot at a pleasant evening.

"Please, that's not a weakness that's something you say in job interviews as a false weakness, it's right up there with too hard working, and too smart."

"You don't have any flaws, dear and that does not make me hate you." Said Orion.

Walburga looked at her husband and narrowed her eyes, what did he want.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Candace was dancing the tango with Olly, laughing as he conjured a Rose between his teeth, when she noticed that both Tom and Freya were gone.

"I will skin him alive." Said Candace, angrily.

"Don't forget to shoot him, babe, remember to-"

"Turn off the safety, yah yah." Said Candace

Olly released her from his grasp and she went looking for her friend. What must have been going through her mind to make her wander off like that? Did she want Tom to follow her?

Candace sighed, Freya truly was oblivious to all matters of the heart. Which was probably why they were such good friends.

Unlike Freya Candace was able to read people. She was not as charming and she didn't always know what to say, but she could tell by their body language and facial expression how they felt. She had been the first to notice how Tom felt about Freya, and to her great regret, the first to encourage a relationship.

Candace hated Tom. Candace hated a lot of people, muggle mail service because of how slow it was, line cutters, people who sell real fur, loud chewers, the caretaker at Beauxbatons, but Tom had somehow managed to reach the top of that list. He broke her best friends heart, and turned her into a door mat.

Candace thought of the way that Olly made her feel. Happy. Safe. Loved. Funny. Beautiful. Strong. Smart. She kept going, looking for Freya, scanning to see if Tom had spotted her.

"Now what are you doing out here, Candy Cane?" Asked Evan Rosier.

"Holy shit Evan, you scared the living crap out of me I thought you were... someone else" She said

"You thought I was Riddle?" Asked Evan, stepping forward, out of the shadows.

"Evan, what is up with you? Are you alright?" Asked Candace, examining his features.

"I'm just here to run interference." He said.

Candace took a hold of his arm, when she spotted the branding.

"Where did you get this done? You know what? I know a guy who can fix it." She said examining the snakes and skull on his forearm.

He said nothing he only let her hold his arm as she yammered about how a guy owed her a favour. He disapperated with her still on his arm.