Chapter 12

Each day passed. I was hiding behind a mask. Faking that smile until it hurt. The boys just left for patrol and the beast within was hungry.

I put on my Batman shirt and black jeans

I put on my Batman shirt and black jeans. Tucked my ears in a beanie. I threw on a large overcoat that was cute to cover my tail. I walked out the lair and went top side. I went to the opposite side of town away from Raph and the others.
There was a man beating a woman in a dark and damp alley way.The woman was bloody and almost dead. I moved quickly and grabbed the man by his wrist.
" that's enough you should stop before something terrible happens" I spoke to the man and he was clearly drunk. He grabbed a knife from his pocket" fuck you little girl". He went to stab me but as I said he was drunk. He was clearly the aggressive drunk. I was getting bored of the man so I grabbed his knife and flipped him over me. He hit the floor with a loud thud.
I kneeled down " don't be afraid of the dark that's where the greatest people live" he looked at me in horror. He tried to run but I wouldn't let him. The moon shined brightly threw the clouds and I smiled big. My fangs glimmered and he whimpered like a baby.
I grabbed his knife and slit his throat " you should learn how to respect a lady" I kept the knife and put it in my back pocket and looked at the woman. She was passed out due to blood loss. I groaned and picked her up and carried her to the hospital. I sat her down in front of the emergency room.
I hid behind the building until doctors came out and found her taking her in. I sighed in relief and went back to the lair.
I would stay out longer but the guys can't know I leave at night.
No one was home so I walked into the lair and noticed the blood on my clothes. I groaned in annoyance and changed into a pair of sweats and comfy long sleeve.
I hid my bloody clothes. Raph and his brothers walked in. I smiled warmly like nothing is wrong. Donnie leaned his head to the side " (y/n) what's that on your face?" I looked confused and went to a mirror. It was blood. 'Crap I forgot to clean my skin from the blood' " it's paint I was painting and it accidentally flew across my face" I laughed and they bought it.
Leo turned on the news and it was a breaking news story.
News reporter: "this just in a murder happened off of orchard street and fox tail street. The victim is 25 year old John Smith. His death is extremely disturbing and we will show the body. Viewers must be mature" picture of the man appears covers in blood with slit throat and blood shot eyes " his wife mrs. Diana Smith is currently in the hospital. She has been beaten and tortured. I will update you as soon as we hear more."
Leo groaned. " why can't New York be more peaceful" I washed off the blood and walked into the room overhearing the news. I looked down knowing that I couldn't tell them that it was me.
April looked at me and saw I was distracted " you ok there (y/n)?" I smiled softly " perfectly fine" it was hard to tell if they noticed me lying threw my teeth.
April looked down. " we know you're lying. You've been lying since Tiffany was injured" she looked at me with dark eyes.
This was it. They will finally know who the true monster is...
" guys... that murder that happened... I know the murder... it was me. He was drunk and beating his wife and I just snapped." I looked at them and they were horrified.
" (y/n) how could you?" Raph was horrified.