Chapter 2

(Current cover by HeartSails)

3rd Person POV-

Death. Everyone dies eventually. Vampires, werewolves, witches, doppelgangers, and everything else, they all die in the end. Angel was forced to learn this at a young age, first her Mother, then her uncle, then finally her Father. At the early age of ten she had lost almost everyone she had ever loved. Only one person managed to relate, managed to dull the pain Angel felt. Katherine, the mother she always wanted, the mother she always needed. Katherine was the one person who never left, never died, and never let her down. 

This is what Angel thought about as she painted her nails a beautiful light purple while sitting in the sunroom. The sunroom had always been her favorite detail in every house they had owned the past 140 years. She loved the feel of the warm sun all over her body and the joyful feeling it brought with it.

Although this time the sunroom did nothing to calm the young girls worries. Katherine had been gone for the past week, the longest she had ever been gone for. Ever since they fled they had never left each other's side, not for more than a day. Trying to relax Angel takes another deep breath before picking up her phone trying to call her Mother again, hoping this time she'll pick up.

-Mystic Falls-

"Shut this thing up!" An annoyed Damon yells to his younger brother holding a ringing phone is  his right hand. Hearing no reply Damon glares at the phone one last time before throwing it into the wall in front of him hearing the satisfactory sound of the devise breaking.

Putting a smirk on his face Damon swiftly turns around to make his way towards the basement where a vervained Katherine lied. Asleep, but not dead.

-France-

Worried. At that moment it was all Angel felt. Katherine had been gone for 9 days now, after 78 calls and 152 text messages Angel had given up trying to get hold of her that way. She only had one last choice, she had to call him. The only other person Katherine trusted to know where they went, the only other person she trusted to know Angel. Carlisle Cullen.

Back in 1890 they were almost killed by a hunter, one of the five. Before the hunter could finish the job a family of vampires, called the Cullens stepped in saving them in the last moment. Ever since that moment Katherine and Carlisle had kept in touch, calling each other every few days.

Picking up her phone Angel presses the phone icon finding Carlisle number quickly. Putting it up to her ear she hears in ring twice before the line is picked up and a 'Hello' come through.

"Carlisle?" Angel asks hoping he hadn't changed his number the past decades.

"Angel? Is that you?" Carlisle questions surprised to hear from the young girl, they had never spoken as much as he and Katherine had.

"Yeah, it's me." Angel replied softly trying to keep her nerves from seeping into her tone.

"Are you ok?" Carlisle worriedly asks, the worst possibilities coming into his mind about why she had called.

"I'm fine," Angel replies quietly. "But," She continues, "It's Mom, she's been gone for the last 9 days. Do you know where she is or where she said she was going?" The small girl asks hoping he will have the answers she was desperately seeking.

"The last I heard she was traveling to a town named Mystic Falls but, that was only for a day no more than that. Do you need us to come down for a few days?" Carlisle answers getting more worried for the young girl as the time goes by.

Hearing the name of the town all the blood rushes from the girl face, making her whole body go numb. Quickly reassuring Carlisle that she would be ok and it was just a misunderstanding she hangs up the phone, setting it down on the seat next to her.

Putting her head in her hands she tugs at the roots of her long, white hair. Whining softly she starts to rock back and force slowly as a panic attack starts to form. Counting to 10 softly she tries to calm herself down, she had never had to do it alone before.

Ever since she was young she would have panic attacks, before her father died he would help calm her down. After that her Mother was always there to help, now she was all alone. Knowing that if she kept this up much longer she would pass out she tries to think of everything her parent had taught her.

Breathing in and out, counting to ten, even singing a song. Softly she starts humming the tune of one of her favorite songs, Tourner Dans Le Vide. Even though the song was sad it was beautiful, calming. Mumbling the lyrics she finally manages to calm down enough to think.

No matter how much she was afraid of the town of Mystic Falls she had to go there. She had to help her mother. Picking up the phone again from the seat next to her she books the next flight to Mystic Falls, the town where she lost it all.

-------

Sorry for waiting so long to update, it's testing month and I've been studying as much as I can. Before the chapter ends just a question...

Would you guys prefer longer chapters every other week. (Around 2,000 - 3,000 words or enough chapters to create that many words.)

Or, shorter chapters once a week. (Between 800 - 1,500 words)

Just comment to let me know, goodbye and good day!