Prologue Part 1

"A good scenery accompanied by a good cup of liquor, yet people would still ask others what's considered a good life? Sleeping, eating, doing things at your own leisure, what's better than that?"

Dressed in a plain set of white robes is the figure of a masked fox immortal who is savoring the tranquility of the night with a cup of clear liquor in hand.

A person who moves along with his life at his own pace without sparing any thought on what others might think of him, that would be the first impression a person would have when meeting this fox immortal for the first time.

Spending the hours of the night under moonlight accompanied by the gentle breeze that would guide the cherry blossoms into a mesmerizing waltz, it was what this fox immortal would consider to be the perfect night for drinking.

Pressing the full cup of liquor to his lips that aren't covered by his half-faced mask the fox immortal empties it in one gulp before reaching for the bottle but just as he is about to pour himself another cup he pauses while raising his head in surprise.

"And what do we have here? I wasn't expecting a guest."

Turning his head to the side the fox immortal is met with the sight of a child who put up an expression of astonishment.

The only thing fox immortals and fox demons do not lack is beauty and this child though young possesses a unique charm to his person that serves to make him stand out from his peers.

"..."

Blinking his eyes the child felt his head filled with questions. The last thing he recalls is he had gone to bed.

So...

How did he get here?

Where was this place?

Who is the fox immortal before him?

If the last thing he recall is having gone to bed, then was all this nothing but a dream?

Dozens of questions stack on top of each but realizing that now wasn't the time to ask them the child gradually relaxes his stiffen face.

Similar to what the child is doing now the fox immortal is also observing him back.

Under ordinary circumstances not a single person should be able to enter his domain, yet this child had somehow done it.

"Ahem..."

Clearing his throat the child eventually found the right words to say in this situation.

There's no doubt in the child's mind that this fox immortal is someone with status meaning they are the type of individual that one must never offend lightly. He instinctively felt this person's cultivation base to be unfathomable, without question their strength must be greater than a Nascent Soul realm practitioner.

"Senior meeting you here tonight has served as a great eye opener for junior. Never in my life did I think I would have the honors of meeting someone of your status. I can readily say I can die happily after this encounter."

"Someone of my status? But you don't even know my name."

A faint smile forms on the fox immortal's face seemingly amused by the child opening this conversation with flattery instead of showing confusion.

"One glance is all it takes to determine your existence is a noble one."

"Oh? Youngster what is your name?"

"Ào Tiān Xuě (傲天雪)."

A pleasant name to the ears but-

"Such a noble sounding name, so much so that it's difficult to imagine that it actually belongs to someone with as thick a face as you."

Undeterred by the fox immortal's remark Ao Tian Xue continues to speak.

"In the cultivation world most practitioners aspire to learn powerful arts or methods to raise their cultivation base in as little time as possible. But I lean more towards the side of being slow and steady. If someone isn't able to reach the final level of Qi Condensation in less than a decade then they have failed as a living being."

With as much seriousness as possible the child speaks these words with great clarity.

"And why is that?"

"If they had been diligent in their studies they would have long realized that they were studying the wrong subject."

"And what subject should they have expended their efforts upon?"

"In the early realms of cultivation it's not a matter of learning powerful arts or obtaining knowledge on how to progress one's cultivation base faster. Any normal mortal can easily step into the first level of Qi Condensation given enough time but to make the push towards the final level they need resources. Resources will always be limited so obtaining them comes down to fortune. Resources aside however being able to keep them in one's grasp is entirely different matter. Without a powerful backer to lean upon a practitioner cannot possibly hope to live without concern. Stability in life is the first thing a practitioner must obtain and to obtain that they must possess a discerning pair of eyes and using these eyes they must have the fortune of encountering a reliable leg to cling onto. But being able to cling onto the leg is nothing more than planting their foot into the doorway. To enter the room and truly step pass that doorway they need to know how to flatter the room's owner, a person of high standings. Once that happens obtaining resources is only a matter of expending time and effort."

The sternness in the child's eyes along with his expression whilst giving his lengthy answer causes the fox immortal to raise a sincere laugh.

"Interesting, interesting indeed."

"So long as the listener one is speaking to is a living being flattery and the likes will always be pleasant to the ears."

Even now Ao Tian Xue partially believes that his surroundings are nothing more than a dream but-

The sweet scent unique to the greatest tier of alcohol that would be worth an unimaginable sum.

The refreshing sensation of the wind gliding across one's skin.

All the sensory information he is receiving felt far too realistic.

"My shop lies upon the borders of fantasy and reality so you can consider this odd encounter to be both a dream and an actual occurrence."

Having read Ao Tian Xue's thoughts the fox immortal gives an odd answer to his concerns.

"Well come and sit. It's unusual for me to receive guests. Even if it was by chance I still have an obligation to act as a good host."

Raising a slight eye Ao Tian Xue quickly walks over and sits down by the fox immortal's side.

"You said this was a shop?"

"Scented Fox's Dream and I am its owner, Dào Hé Cāng Yuè (稻荷苍月)."