Chapter 1 Part 2

"What is a Dao He?"

"..."

Hearing this question Teacher Hao freezes as he contemplates a few things.

As a teacher he felt that it was best to make sure his students are able to realize the unfairness of the world prior to throwing them into lessons and out into the world.

"When you become a Heavenly Fox you will know about the higher heaven that is Dao He."

"...?"

"...?"

"Tch what a boring answer..."

These words tilted most of the students' head as they didn't know what they were supposed to mean. But seeing as how Teacher Hao has no intends to disclose more information on the matter Ao Tian Xue kept silent.

As class begins time passes and as it was but the second day of the current semester it was decided to end things early to which not a single student uttered a word of complaint in being able to head home quicker than anticipated.

"..."

On the way out Ao Tian Xue looks to the school building.

A two-floor building made entirely out of wood with glass windows lined up at every interval.

Some of these windows are damaged with cracks so one can only imagine how cold the building might become during the winter season.

Parts of its wooden structure are covered by greenery as a sign of its age.

It was mentioned that this school building was meant to be abandoned in the coming year and the students will be moved to a newer building that's currently under construction.

One might describe this aging structure to be ugly but there was something charming about its worn-out appearance.

"They do say that the older one gets the more appreciative one would be towards the aging."

This year Ao Tian Xue would be around the age of 25, that's still considered the age of a child in this society. Only at around the age of 50 would one be recognized as a young man.

Turning around the white fox begins to make his leave from the school building and onto the buzzing streets.

Here and there one can see several stalls set up with most of them selling food items causing the air to be filled with an aromatic scent.

It is around this hour when business establishments tend to thrive. This is naturally due to the student population and their parents coming in to pick their children up from school.

"..."

Pausing in his footsteps Ao Tian Xue sees the sight of a child being picked up by their father with their mother smiling on the side.

Within this world Ao Tian Xue doesn't have anyone to call family, he is what most would consider a "stray" and it's not rare for someone to be labeled as such.

Due to how dense magic or spirit energy is in this world common animals would eventually develop a sense of conscience that would allow them to cultivate and gain a human like appearance with time.

Those born in this manner are considered strays in the eyes of the populace.

"Family... Hmm."

Tilting his head back to back Ao Tian Xue begins to move again.

Within the Autumn Moon Mountain Range there are a total of 12 mountains.

Five of these mountains are dominated by five specific clans whereas the rest serve different purposes such as trading, agriculture, mining, and even research to name off a notable few.

The school is located on the seventh mountain whereas Ao Tian Xue's home is located on the eighth mountain.

Every mountain from the seventh to twelfth are all mere numbers it is only the first five and the central mountain that have names.

"Hm?"

As Ao Tian Xue continues to walk down the streets something catches his eyes as he stops abruptly and moves to the side.

"Hmm."

Pinned onto a utility pole is a poster and on this poster is the picture of a face that belongs to a young girl whose appearance looks to be no more than ten and beneath her name is a row of numbers.

Without looking at the top of the poster that reads "looking for" one could easily mistaken this poster for a bounty poster.

Tearing the poster off Ao Tian Xue looks intently at the number.

"With this much money I could feed myself for six months..."

A strange glow of green radiance comes his eyes.