Chapter 2 Part 8

"You appearing in my shop twice is rather unusual so us meeting one another could very well just be the hands of fate at the works. Don't you agree?"

(Screw fate to hell! This guy wants me to become the most wanted person dead in the Autumn Moon Mountain Range!)

The moment these words are said by Dao He Cang Yue Ao Tian Xue's breathing turns erratic as he forces those words to stay in his mouth.

Even if this fox immortal is able to read minds so long as he denies having said some rude remarks they can't possibly pin any blames on him.

"S-Senior although me appearing in your shop twice is unusual I don't think fate could have possibly had a hand in this. All of this must have just been a coincidence of som-"

"Coincidences are often attributed to the workings of fate and besides... Didn't you say you were an emissary working under me in that world?"

If he could go back in time Ao Tian Xue would surely give his past self a fierce slap to the face for saying those words as what he did back there is no different from picking up a giant stone and dropping it onto his own foot.

"I don't ask that you do a lot. I only ask that you set the Great Tree on fire."

(That already is a lot!)

Attempting to do such a thing is already more than enough to brand him as a traitor and it would surely be a crime that will be recorded into the history books for all to remember should it truly happen.

"Senior I'm still very young. I can't possibly be entrusted with such heavy responsibilities. My mouth is very loose and easy to pry open. If anyone even gives me a few coins for secret information I would gladly give it to them. It would be best if you just erase my memories of this conversation and let me be on my merry way."

"You've got the eyes of a money lover. Working under me I can guarantee you a salary that will let you enjoy life to the fullest."

As soon as Dao He Cang Yue says these words a giant bag of gold coins appeared in the living room causing Ao Tian Xue's eyes to widen in astonishment. This is the most amount of gold he has ever seen in his life.

"...!"

As the scent of money is picked up by his nose Ao Tian Xue felt the urge to stand up and accept this deal but-

"No matter how much money you give me being dead means I can't possibly spend them. Eventually I'll want to have a family of my own."

Digging his nails into the palms of his hands Ao Tian Xue forces himself to stay put.

"I can also get a good woman to be your wife. If you're not happy with just one I can get you as many as you'd desire."

Next comes a book that looks to be a catalogue and out of curiosity Ao Tian Xue picks it up and looks through it.

To his shock this was a catalogue for marriage candidates with the women's three sizes and personalities recorded to the finest detail.

It goes without saying that all these women had glamorous appearances that no man could find fault with.

Fearful of his instincts agreeing to this the white fox tosses the catalogue aside in a hurry.

"I-I... I don't have confidence in my lower body. Last week I visited the doctor and they said I might get erectile dysfunction a week or two down the line."

"Something as trivial as that can easily be cured with some herbs. Even if you have some sort of incurable disease my shop will definitely have the medicine needed to cure them."

With a spark of light a mountain of greenery appears in the room. Within this pile one can see several immortal herbs of the highest quality sticking outwards.

"..."

It would be difficult to imagine just how much one of these immortal herbs would be worth should it be placed in an auction so seeing this collection causes Ao Tian Xue to swallow his spit. However, he's still not willing to give in.

".........I've never told anyone this out of not wanting to feel embarrassed or shunned but I actually like men instead of women."

"No worries there are plenty of eccentrics out there who share in your interest. I'm sure you'll get along fine with them."

Without missing a beat Dao He Cang Yue answers and a similar catalogue to the first appears by Ao Tian Xue's foot. It goes without say that the white fox didn't have any interest to look.

At this point Ao Tian Xue wanted to cry but he had no tears to shed. No matter what he said Dao He Cang Yue seems to have a counter at the ready.

This world should be vast but under the current circumstances Ao Tian Xue felt no different from a caged animal.

(Am I really going to be forced to become a traitor? Even if I live I'll have to live out the rest of my life as a wanted criminal...)

"If you're worried about what you're going to do after becoming a wanted criminal I've already got you covered."

The look in Dao He Cang Yue's eyes seems to be saying "just obediently work under me if you know what's good for you."

(No, how could I possibly give up this easily? Wait I kno-)

"If you think you can simply agree to work for me on the outside then think of reporting my schemes to one of the five Dao He fox immortals in the mountain range I'm afraid..."

At Dao He Cang Yue's words an odd rune appears on Ao Tian Xue's chest causing him to part his robes slightly to get a better look.

This rune had the body of a fox with ten bolts of lightning surrounding it.

"...The moment you say anything this rune that is branded to your soul will instantly set itself off to destroy you."

Hearing this Ao Tian Xue's complexion turns pale.

"This is simply bullying!"

Seeing as how this person is clearly able to read his mind Ao Tian Xue couldn't bother to keep his complaints in his head anymore.