Chapter 1 Part 8

Compared to the homes of other strays one could consider Ao Tian Xue's house to be somewhat extravagant for it rests beneath the base of a five meter tree that sits at the bottom of the eighth mountain.

The size of this place wasn't anything impressive but it was good enough considering how it was made up of three rooms a study, a bedroom, and a decent sized living room that serves to connect the other two.

If one wanted to take a bath or do their laundries there was a river that is five minutes' walk away so all the necessities in life is practically accounted for.

To avoid walking on dirt in one's own home a layer of thick wood is placed over the earth as flooring making the place a lot cleaner than one would expect during their first visit.

Similarly the walls of the place is treated with the same layer of wood as a means of preventing rain water from seething into the area during seasons of heavy downpour.

In terms of decorations there was hardly much aside from some very basic pieces of furniture that are cheaply made but sturdy enough to endure repeated usage.

"*Sigh*"

With a sigh the owner of the place returns after taking a dip in the nearby river and cleaning their partially damaged robes.

Exhausted from today's events Ao Tian Xue wasn't in any mood to mend the damages on his clothes and has decided to leave the repairs for tomorrow.

"Alright seventh months of food looks like my days of obtaining a selfish body is approaching."

Normally people would steer away from becoming fat but from the white fox's point of view as someone who has been poor for over 20 years of his life being fat meant one is rich and is eating healthy.

As soon as he finishes counting the amount of coins in the pouch given to him as a reward for handing Chu Yun over to her parents he sits upon the bed and closes his eyes to begin cultivation.

Being smart can only get a person so far in this world in which the strong are admired and given all the rights to make important decisions.

But in terms of talent Ao Tian Xue can only be described as average.

At his age he has only reached the ninth level of Qi Condensation and attempting to breakthrough his bottle neck and enter Foundation Establishment has proven to be more difficult than he had originally anticipated.

That being said he most likely won't get very far as a practitioner.

.........

As silence reigns this seems like it was going to be a quiet night but-