Chapter 2 Part 5

"Because I'm the emissary of a Dao He. The techniques I cultivate can't possibly be anything but the best. Taking on human form prior to the Nascent Soul realm is as easy as flipping a hand."

With a haughty tone of voice Ao Tian Xue speaks.

"..."

Despite how untrustworthy this white fox is the black fox is somewhat forced to believe their words under the circumstances.

"Give me all the answers that I desire. I'll determine then if they are worthy of me giving away my cultivation techniques."

Seeing as how this is a chance for him to take the initiative in their dealing Ao Tian Xue is quick to strike.

"Tch."

Clicking her tongue the black fox suppresses her anger and eventually-

"Fine what do you want to know?"

Being able to take on human form would make things a lot easier for the black fox.

It meant she would be able to blend into society and gain access to pills and other items of great value that would normally be far from her reach.

To her this was a major benefit and would mean she is destined to surpass all the living creatures in this forest because she has access to resources that will push her far and above their league.

"I want to confirm my current location so tell me the name of this forest."

"Treasure Tree Forest."

"Oh so this is the Treasure Tree Forest."

On the outside the white fox gives off a pleased smile that looks as if he knew exactly where he is but on the inside-

(Where the hell is this? How far is it from the Autumn Moon Mountain Range? Actually why the hell is this place called Treasure Tree Forest? I don't see a tree deserving of that name anywhere...)

He was utterly clueless.

"And where is this supposed treasure tree?"

"Was cut down by some immortal a few thousand years back or so I was told."

"Tch so it was cut down after all... *Sigh* forget it."

Making it seem as if this was something that he already knew but was trying to confirm whether it was true or not the white fox continues with his next question.

"How are foxes generally treated around these parts? I don't expect anything good since you were just hunted."

"I guess for wild foxes that is the case but humans and other species generally see us as beings to be worshipped. Those guys who came after me were hired by some young lady who wanted me as a pet because homes that keep foxes are said to be granted with fortune."

(So basically we're like beckoning cats but... Better I guess?)

The white fox really didn't know how he should think when being told of this as the image of himself acting as a beckoning cat enters his head.

(Hmm if I were to ask her why foxes are considered targets of worship... As an emissary asking that I wouldn't just be losing face...)

There are a few more questions that Ao Tian Xue wanted to ask but he refrained from doing so as asking them is pretty much the same as giving himself away.

"Are you sure you're the strongest living beast in this forest?"

Of his remaining questions this one is the most important.

"The moment I breakthrough into Foundation Establishment this matter would be set in stone."

"So at the moment there are beasts that are as strong as you?"

"Tch. Fine there are. But the moment I gain a human form and get some pills from the nearby city they'll all have to bow down to me."

As much as she hates to admit to this she couldn't do anything but nod and this causes Ao Tian Xue to think even deeper about the situation.

(Assuming everything she tells me the truth then... Give her that cultivation technique and make her the strongest person in this entire forest... I-I-Is this my chance? If I can tame this fox and use her strength to gather up some weaker level cannon fodd- Ah pui underlings won't I basically end up becoming a king? Ah wait this is a dream world right? So I'll only be a king in this dream but once I wake up I'll be a beggar again?)

At this moment Ao Tian Xue really wished that someone would just come out and say whether all of this is just a dream or not. The answer of this world being a partial dream and a partial reality is something that just wasn't good enough.

"Hmm..."

Underlings to be his arms and legs.

People to feed food to his mouth as he leans back in a comfortable recliner.

Servants to give him a massage whenever he wants.

As Ao Tian Xue constantly thought about the luxurious life that he could have in this dream world he can't help but form a smile of ambition.

Even if it was all but a fantasy that could come crashing down at any time-

"I really do want that..."

"Ah?"

"No, nothing. In any case I can't think of what else I'd want to know off the top of my head at this time so..."

A light of ambition flashes in Ao Tian Xue's eyes as he leans closer to the black fox.

"How about I give you the cultivation technique and in return you work under me for ten years?"

"Back off."

Pushing Ao Tian Xue's away the black fox gave him an unpleasant glare before asking-

"Just what kind of work do you intend to have me help you with? Actually this probably involves that mission of yours right? In that case don't you need to fill me on it as well?"

"..."

Having stated that he was sent here on a mission it meant Ao Tian Xue needed to make a goal up.

(...Honestly that bastard sent me here without warning so what the hell am I supposed to say? I just want to live a life of luxury even if it was only in a dream...)

As the black fox's face draws closer and closer to him the white fox tries to not sweat bullets while thinking about a realistic goal that can be done in ten years' time.

(Actually does it even matter? I'll probably wake up from this dream at some point and never return so... Won't anything do?)

*...!!!* as he is thinking of what to do dark clouds begin to form over the forest and the sound of lightning is akin to the intimidating growls of a beast.

*...!!!* abrupt and without warning, everything occurredin the span of a single flash as the deafening noise of thunder's descentblasts into the two foxes' ears!