Chapter 2 Part 1

"...?"

Opening his eyes Ao Tian Xue felt as if he had been asleep for a very long time.

"This is...?"

Shaking his head the white fox stretches lightly to shrug off the lethargic feeling that is on his limbs while allowing his vision to gradually adjust to the brightness of his surroundings.

"Uh?"

As he takes a few steps forward Ao Tian Xue felt his legs weighing more than what he was used to causing him to nearly trip in his footsteps.

Sniffing the air the scent of dense greenery enters his nose and as his vision clears fully he finds himself standing in the middle of a forest.

"Where is this?"

.........

Without anyone to answer his question silence looms in the air as Ao Tian Xue gradually shifts his gaze downwards.

His stomach is a lot larger than what he recalls and looking at his arms they were a quarter size thicker than before.

Pinching the side of his stomach the white fox can't help but frown.

This sensation is probably identical to the real thing causing Ao Tian Xue's eyes to twitch.

"..."

Taking five steps forward he got a better feel for the extra bit of effort that is required of him to walk.

"I..."

At this time Ao Tian Xue felt as if god had just played a dirty prank on him causing a bead of cold sweat to roll down the side of his head.

Within this world the number of fat fox immortals couldn't possibility exceed ten and yet here he was a member of their peerage.

Although he believes having a selfish body meant one is eating well that doesn't mean that he truly wanted to become a fatty.

"Hehehe..."

A somewhat hysterical laughter escapes from his lips.

"Hahaha this should just be another dream. I really do wonder why I keep having such realis-"

Similar to the time he met Dao He Cang Yue everything in this "dream" felt no different from reality and it was at that instance that-

(My shop lies upon the borders of fantasy and reality so you can consider this odd encounter to be both a dream and an actual occurrence.)

The words Dao He Cang Yue had said during their first meeting comes to mind. What's not to say that this forest also exists upon the borders of fantasy and reality?

(That guy... Did he perhaps heard about me wanting to obtain a selfish body and decided on a whim to grant me that wish in this dream like world?)

Recalling how he was visiting the Scented Fox's Dream prior to this the white fox immediately connects his current situation to the fox immortal in white.

(Is he listening in on me right now?)

With this possibility in mind the white fox no longer dares to voice his thoughts out loud to prevent giving that fox immortal anymore whimsical ideas.

"..."

Knowing that standing around won't do any good Ao Tian Xue proceeds with caution and gradually he comes to realize that the spirit energy in this forest is more than double the amount he is accustomed to while living in the Autumn Moon Mountain Range.

(Normally this would make a good place to cultivate but since this is the great outdoors there's bound to be hidden dangers lurking around at every turn and the chances of being attacked... I'd rather not think about it.)

Considering how dense the spirit energy is in this environment the natural wildlife that roams these parts mustn't be underestimated.

Nurtured in such a rich environment meant they are always exposed to the dense spirit energy and this would cause them to undergo unnatural changes at a faster rate than normal.

That being said it wouldn't be a surprise to find a beast that surpasses the ninth level of Qi Condensation roaming about and if one looks even deeper into the forest they may even find something with a Foundation Establishment cultivation base.

(*Sigh* wouldn't be too bad to just sit down and enjoy the view if this place is safe...)

Due to the amount of fireflies looming about it gave this forest a phantasmal image.

However, the beautiful view is easily offset by the thoughts of danger lurking at every corner making it impossible to fully immerse one's mind into it.