Chapter 1 Part 7

Carrying the unconscious Chu Yun on his back Ao Tian Xue makes his way to the eighth mountain with blood having stained his white robes for all to see.

As a means of not causing too big of a commotion on the way of handing her over to her parents the white fox opted to take a route that most would avoid and before long he stands in front of an inn.

Although he has never spent a night here in this inn Ao Tian Xue knew that this place was expensive.

"I'm going to head out myself."

"No, you stay here and wait I'll head out."

Upon arrival he immediately sees the scene of a blue robed woman being held back by a man in purple.

Although neither of them had their tails out the two were both fox immortals and the man specifically gives off an odd fluctuation of strength that is impossible to hide.

"But it seems like there is very little meaning in going out now."

"Hm?"

Noticing Ao Tian Xue's presence the man releases the woman's hand and looks in his direction with the woman following his gaze.

"Chu Yun!"

Immediately the woman makes a rush towards Ao Tian Xue and the man walks to follow.

Making it easier for the woman who is probably Chu Yun's mother to take her from him Ao Tian Xue turns his back towards her.

Affectionately the mother embraces her daughter and seeing this sight-

(I'd rather not have to see this considering how corniness is written all over it. Hope they give me my money quickly so I can be off.)

They say a guilty person without a thick enough face will easily feel awkward when trying to do the right thing. This is especially the case when they have an ulterior motive behind their good deeds.

"Judging by your wounds did a conflict occur when you found her?"

As the father of Chu Yun raises this question to him Ao Tian Xue turns to face him. By the look standards of a fox immortal he is slightly above average.

(...This guy... Is he at the Nascent Soul realm?)

This level of cultivation is very far from where Ao Tian Xue currently is and despite facing such a powerful individual-

"There was a bit of conflict. Namely to do with some questionable characters attempting to lure her into a dark corner."

Formulating a "saving a damsel in distress" type of story Ao Tian Xue begins his explanation on what had happened.

Throughout Ao Tian Xue's explanation Chu Yun's father kept an observant eye on the white fox and because of this Ao Tian Xue didn't bother to exaggerating anything.

For the most part he practically glossed over most of the matters on how he was wounded in that conflict and this shortened his explanation by a large margin, resulting in it lasting for only a brief five minutes.

It goes without saying that under ordinary circumstances he would make sure to exaggerate everything as a means of obtaining praise and greater attention but-

(This old monster is definitely not someone I should deal with in that manner. He can easily see through my lies so it's best not to go too into detail...)

With this in mind the mood of the conversation was rather stiff and upon the end of his explanation Ao Tian Xue raises a light sigh.

"Well she probably only fainted due to stress."

"I see."

"Thank you for bring her back to us."

The husband maintains a stoic expression from start to finish while the wife seems to have brought everything as she orders for a household servant to take Chu Yun into the inn to rest.

A second servant came out with a pouch of coins to which she handed it over to Ao Tian Xue in a respectful manner.

"This should compensate you for your troubles. Again thank you for your efforts."

"Ahaha no biggie."

"..."

(...This old fart is his face made of iron? Do I need to get a hammer and beat the impurities out of him to make him change that "you're shady as hell" look?)

Even now the expression of the father is still just as stern as before causing this thought to appear in Ao Tian Xue's head.

"Then I'll be leav-"

"Wait."

Just as Ao Tian Xue has had more than enough of this exchange he begins to turn around with the intent to leave but the father spoke up to stop him.

"This pill should help you recover from your wounds faster."

"...?"

Having said that the father tosses a white pill over to Ao Tian Xue

"..."

Giving the pill a glance the white fox bows his head and begins to head off.

(This brat is somewhat interesting. Most likely a stray. Those wounds must have come from scrapes instead of being hit by a fist. Such tricks can deceive someone in Qi Condensation and maybe Foundation Establishment but against this old man? Hmph.)

Having moved a good distance away from the couple Ao Tian Xue looks at the pill in his hand.

This is by no means a pill of priceless value. Its effect is merely to cause blood to coagulate faster resulting in light wounds healing at a faster rate.

"Hmph old fart is sharp."

Giving him this pill is that man's indirect way of telling him that he has seen through his tricks.

"Usually my acting skills are top-notch. But I guess deceiving a Nascent Soul realm practitioner is more difficult under those type of circumstances. Hmm if I meet that old man again I'll be sure to make him pay me back for today."

Smiling in a sinister manner there was something demonic about Ao Tian Xue's air.

"Well that's only if I ever meet that old fart again which I doubt. In any case there does seem to be a bit of extras in that pouch judging by the weight. ...Somehow that exchange not going as I'd have imagined leaves a sour taste in my mouth but so long as I get my money I can make do."

Swallowing the pill and heading home Ao Tian Xue thought of more ways to improve his abilities in deception.