Chapter 2 Part 3

*Klang! Raaawr!! Klang! Boom! Klang!* practically dragging himself towards the location that the flare had come from Ao Tian Xue eventually picks up on the sound of a raging battle occurring in the distance.

With his destination close a burst of energy seemingly invigorates the white fox's body as he makes a run for the finish line and eventually-

"Hm?"

Pressing his body flat against the ground Ao Tian Xue looks upon the sight from between two bushes.

Surrounding a three-tailed fox with a coat of black fur is a group that numbers between 20 to 30.

From foot to head this black fox stands at a height of two meters giving its form a sense of majesty.

And despite being so outnumbered the black fox still manages to fight back without any difficulties and have even managed to wound a few its pursuers as proof of its strength.

"Dammit how is this thing so strong?"

"Quit yapping when we're getting paid good money for this!"

"Maybe someone should go back and tell the young lady that taming this beast is impossible...?"

"You really want to go back and tell that to her face?"

Judging by their conversation it would seem like this group had been hired to capture this black fox for the sake of a spoiled young lady and from the fluctuation of their cultivation base all of them are at the ninth level of Qi Condensation with a few needing only one more step to break into Foundation Establishment.

As this battle drags on the body of the black fox is slowly covered by light cuts and although these wounds are by no means deep they were gradually starting to pile up.

*Raaaaaaaaawr!!!* seemingly tired of this fight the three-tailed fox raises a ferocious roar and sends out a blast of sound that throws the incoming humans back!

Those positioned to the front readily spew out a mouthful of blood when hit by the soundwave and as for those who were at the back their ears bled in pain.

A few with weaker levels of cultivation readily fainted.

"Retreat!"

Whoever it was that called for the retreat clearly knew they were at a disadvantage and calling for a retreat can only be seen as wise instead of cowardly under the current circumstances.

Seeing a few already starting to back away the black fox's glare relaxes by a small degree but it still decides to give chase as a way to show dominance.

With movement akin to a leaping serpent the black fox pounces onto one of the fleeing humans and crushes them beneath its weight!

"..."

Watching the bloody onslaught Ao Tian Xue blinks his eyes.

Although it isn't very often that he sees gore of this level he was a beast that obtained human level intelligence.

Rules of the wild states only the fittest lifeform may live while preying on the weak so compared to someone who has never taken a life he was absorbing the scene in a quieter manner.

Despite wanting to instill dread into the hearts of these humans the black fox knew it would be risky to chase them too far.

As more than ten minutes go by the sound of human screams died down gradually and waiting behind cover for a bit longer the white fox eventually picks up on the sound of heavy but slow footsteps approaching his location.

"..."

Continuing to wait behind cover the white fox watches as the black fox makes its return.

By now the black fox's coat of fur has been stained completely from head to tail as its body gives off the pungent scent of iron.

There are still a few corpses lying around and making it seem like the most natural thing in the world to do the black fox begins to feast on them without any hesitation.

*Kaakaa...* as the sound of bones being chewed upon and crushed like chips is picked up by Ao Tian Xue's ears he himself felt a bit hunger welling up in his stomach.

After coming here to this forest he hasn't found the time to sit down and eat something due to his concerns of wanting to go back home.

*Guguuu.........* the moment his stomach gives off a growl that could no longer be held back the black fox turns its head in Ao Tian Xue's direction.

"Wait, wait, no need to get hostile."

Realizing that hiding can only bring unfavorable results the white fox emerges from the bushes.

"We're the same species there's no need to fight each other."

Considering that they are of the same species this black fox should treat him with more lenience than humans.

"A white fox?"

The pitch of its voice shows that this black fox is a female and if she possesses the face of a human she would most likely be making a look of surprise at the sight of Ao Tian Xue.

"Hmph who are you?"

Towards this question Ao Tian Xue sinks into thought. He knew far too little about this forest.

"Have you heard of the Autumn Moon Mountain Range?"

For starters he decides to ask a question back however-

"How about you answer my question first?"

(Guess that doesn't work. She doesn't have a human form but her level of intelligence is probably already akin to a human.)

"I feel like you just made a rude remark about me in your head."

(How sharp...)

Clearing his throat Ao Tian Xue finally decides on what to do.

"I wouldn't dare to have rude thoughts towards such a... Uh fine young lady."

"That's a sweet mouth you've got but apparently men like you are all said to be scums on the inside."

"My heart is as pure as the white fur on my tail."

"So you're saying my heart is as black as the fur on my tail?"

(Dammit I'm not in top form today. It most likely has to do with meeting Chu Yun's father.)

An awkward silence looms in the air as Ao Tian Xue finds it difficult to speak.

"Forget this. Let's talk about business."

Straightening his posture and waving a hand the white fox makes himself appear as serious as possible by wiping the slate between them clean.