Chapter 1 Part 4

"If you're planning to bring me back to my parents you can forget about it."

"..."

An odd light of determination exudes from the girl's blue eyes and Ao Tian Xue's first thought is-

(Wow... So young and already in the rebellious phase?)

The urge to give the girl who went by the name Chu Yun a good slap to her cheek rises but rather quickly Ao Tian Xue suppresses his right hand that is just about to be raised.

(Ahem relax, I need to act like a gentleman here. Otherwise this won't go anywhere.)

"But thanks for helping me out."

Releasing Ao Tian Xue's shoulder the girl begins to turn around but just as she takes the first step-

(A brat like this needs to be taught a good le-... Well it's not like I got anything against her dine and dash attitude towards me but...)

People might think of him as petty but having already made an investment of 20 copper coins there's no way Ao Tian Xue would be willing to let his purchased stocks go down the drain.

(Yes, this isn't out of spite but because I'm technically the elder here so I should at least try to guide her on the correct path. Who knows what other troubles she might get into in the future for being such a spoiled princess? Indeed, as the older fox and as a proud working member of society I'm burdened with the task of correcting her behavior and giving her some guidance as an upstanding adult.)

Nodding to himself inside of his head while justifying his reasoning in wanting to give this girl a bit of guidance Ao Tian Xue calls out to her.

"Why are you being such a br- no... Mind at least telling me the reason why you can't go back?"

"...Hm?"

In the girl's eyes she felt like there was something shady about the white fox's smile but-

"I don't mind getting you something else to eat if you tell me about it. I plan to work as a matchmaker in the future so any sort of social interactions would help me in gaining experience."

"Hmm fine I was rather bored anyhow."

(Kukuku foolish brat how naïve. If I was a shady character you would have already been sold off to some place.)

Inwardly putting on a scheming grin that befits a dangerous criminal attempting to lure children away from their parents using the promises of candy Ao Tian Xue felt rather proud of himself in being able to trick the young girl into talking with such ease.

"Well this is hardly a good place to stand around and talk. Let's move to somewhere else."

Having lived in this mountain range for many years it goes without saying that Ao Tian Xue knew the area like his own backyard and rather quickly they found a quiet spot.

There's hardly anything that resembles a children's park nearby but there was a rather decent sized public garden that people would hang out at or run pass during their morning activities.

That place just so happens to be about five minutes' walk away from the main streets and it was there that the two found a bench to sit down together.

"So about what I as-"

"Shouldn't you introduce yourself first?"

(I should keep in mind to always buy long sleeved robes from now on. They really do come in handy...)

Suppressing the urge to slap her again Ao Tian Xue felt appreciation for his robes that had long sleeves as they did well to conceal how white his knuckles were from the pressure of his grip.

"My name is Ā Wàng (阿旺)."

Coming up with a random name on the spot that took no effort Ao Tian Xue introduces himself as such.

"...Isn't that name better suited to a dog?"

"Well then young lady don't you know that a minor form of slavery takes on the shape of a paid job? That being the case I think a dog's name can be attached to just about anyone."

"I see...?"

(Fumu... as expected of a condescending princess. Make yourself sound smart and they'll buy just about anything you throw at em.)