Chapter 1 Part 6

"I suppose?"

"...?"

A rather skeptical look appears on Ao Tian Xue's face. This girl clearly didn't know the difference between the political type that is the gold digger and the romantic type that is the maiden.

"Well the maiden type is basically the type that wants to... Err... Everything you said and then some."

"Eh? Then some?"

"Like... When you're in danger and the one you fancy senses that and decides to shield you from harm with their body and maybe they'll say something along the lines of like..."

Putting on a strangely passionate and serious expression he continues with-

"Tch if these bastards want to touch a single hair on your head they'll have to step over my dead body to do so," you know something like tha- eh?"

"How wonderful..."

Looking at the stars and hearts that are etched onto Chu Yun's eyes Ao Tian Xue can't help but cringe while inwardly shake his head.

(Ah... Pitiful... This girl is bound to go through hell from having such fantasies.)

Thinking of what might be considered the responsible thing to do in this situation Ao Tian Xue can't help but eventually place a hand onto Chu Yun's shoulder while shaking his head with hints of pity in his eyes.

"Child give it up before it's too late."

A hint of ancientness can be detected in Ao Tian Xue's tone as he warns Chu Yun to give up on her fantasies early.

"What do you mean give it up? That sort of marriage partner is exactly what I want. Is there someone like what you described in this mountain range?"

"There ain't. They say there's plenty of fish in the seas but even if you roam this sea for a million years you'll never find someone like that. That's why give it up you'll only end up hurting yourself in the end."

"B-But you never know! There might actually be someone like that!"

"I can confidently say that I've lived for at least 15 more years than you so I think I would know what I'm talking about."

"Even so I'm not willing to just give up without trying!"

Clenching her hands into fists Chu Yun stood up from her seat.

(Alright I've done all I can.)

Maybe someone would say the white fox hardly put any effort into convincing Chu Yun otherwise but children are all dreamers.

And it is because they are able to dream big that they are innocent unlike the adults who have been tainted by the world's evil.

"*Sigh* let's say you found someone like that. This still doesn't answer the original question. How are you going to get them to notice you in a romantic sense?"

"Uh..."

Sitting back down Chu Yun thought about the matter for a bit. Despite not knowing much she knew it didn't seem right to go up to the person and asking for marriage by boasting about her family background.

"D-Doesn't a matchmaker offer advice on such things?"

"Heh I'm personally the political type. If a girl comes up to me and offers to marry me by offering money I would take the offer. Then if another girl comes up and asks to have an affair together by offering even more money I would also take it. If they offer enough I might even be willing to divorce the previous girl and marry them."