Chapter 1 Part 5

"There's absolutely nothing to do back home. Wake up in the morning, brush my teeth, eat, read a book or go for a stroll, meals when needed, then just sleep and everything repeats itself. Same routine, just a different day..."

One leg bent, a foot on the bench, and with a fist pressed against her cheek Chu Yun sits in an unladylike posture.

From a distance away it's easy to mistaken her for a female delinquent and the only thing missing from her current image is a cigarette poking out of her lips.

Perhaps it was an effort done to complete a puzzle but in place of the cigarette is the skewer that was used to hold the grilled squid from before.

"I see, I see."

To Ao Tian Xue that sounds like the sort of life he would want to have in the future for he has all the intentions to live the life of a lazy sloth the moment he gets rich enough to purchase a mansion and hire maids and butlers to do his every bidding.

"I try telling my complaints to my parents but neither of them would listen. In the end I decided that I might as well get away from them as a means of getting some fresh air."

"I understand."

If there was a bar counter in front of them lined with some food that went well with cups of liquor it would be perfect as the white fox gave off the image of a co-worker who is listening to his peer's complaints about their black hearted boss that would always demand for the impossible.

"Don't you think I should be given a higher reign over my life? I'm not living it for the sake of others after all."

"Indeed."

Giving a nod on the outside-

(Please princess who are you to say you're not living for the sake of others? If anything you probably don't even know what those words mean...)

"Since I probably won't get another chance like this I'm definitely going to stay out as long as I can and possibly..."

"Possibly what?"

"You know... That."

"...?"

A quizzical look appears on the white fox's face.

"And you call yourself a matchmaker?"

"Ah..."

If he wasn't able to get a hint from that question he would been going to school for the past five years for nothing.

"Impressive so young and already thinking of the future."

"Naturally."

Having been praised Chu Yun shows a smug look on her face as she drops her right foot onto the ground and corrects her sitting posture and tosses the skewer aside.

"So know anyone who is my age and is both wealthy and good looking around these parts?"

(Damn so she's already setting sail at full speed towards the path of being a gold digger... I like that, she's got character and shows promise at such a tender age. Definitely someone I would get along with on the business end of things but intimately I would have to pass.)

Are the first thoughts that appeared in the white fox's head when hearing about what Chu Yun is looking for in her future partner.

"If you're looking for someone with good looks you can pretty much take anyone off the streets of these mountains. Wealth ain't guaranteed of course."

"Isn't it the matchmaker's job to do the searching and compile a list of potential candidates?"

"We have departments you know..."

Wedding planner, interview arranger, legal agents, the list can go on but these are three of the several most important departments.

"Well enough about that. How do you plan to capture the guy you fancy?"

"Hmph easy. I show off my powerful background and tell him about all the benefits in marrying me."

"Oh I see. Basically get political and skip all the romantic steps. Not that I have anything against that really. Though my opinion doesn't represent all matchmakers."

Either you marry for love or you marry for benefits. For nobilities and the likes marrying for benefits is almost all but guaranteed.

"Eh? Political?"

"Basically marrying each other only for benefits and raise the prestige of each other's family history. Get rich together and have affairs on the side while the papers read you lovingly died in each other's arms only for society to eventually find out the first born child is related to the man but turns out that child came from a woman that this man on paper never married, the supposed "little second" or "little third" depending on how many women that man had- ahem..."

Realizing that he might be getting a bit too graphical for the child Ao Tian Xue stops himself from continuing onto the juicer bits with a bit of struggle.

"Uh? Sounds a lot different from what I actually want."

"Well what do you actually want? I thought you were a gold di-... *Cough, cough* sorry throats been dry lately."

"If a boy and a girl is supposed to marry each other... I don't know aren't they supposed to do something fun together all the time then? Like going out to eat and maybe feed each other the food? Also say I like you to each other every day?"

"What you're actually the maiden type?"