23

Using my new iPod is a blessing and a curse. I cannot use it for everything though.

I spend my days listening to the radio on it and my nights chatting with Jacob. I'm grateful that he taught me how to set a password on it. Otherwise, I might get caught.

One peaceful day, Jacob and I are in the bathroom, where he is trying to teach me more functions of my new iPod.

And that is the day when I take my first selfie.

We are laughing our hearts off and having fun like everyone our age, when Jacob pecks my cheek, while we're trying to take yet another group photo.

I laugh, enjoying the spontaneous brush of his lips on my skin. I have never been kissed by a boy before.

He plants another kiss on my face, but this time closer to my mouth.

What if he kisses me on the lips? I don't know how to kiss on the lips! Do I do it the same way you would kiss one on the cheek?

So I give it a try. I lean in and press my lips on his the same way he did on my cheek. He is taken aback, I can sense it.

"Do you want to be with me?", he asks when I pull away.

I don't quite understand his question. "But you are with me. We are together in the bathroom right now."

He giggles. I adore it when he does that, "I meant if you would like to be my girlfriend."

Girlfriend. That's new... kind of. In my family, they use the word "soulmate" or simply "mate". My father says that when he met my mother for the very first time, her blood sang to him.

And he kisses me again but this time with a lot more passion than before.

If anyone looks at the photos, they will think that Jacob and I are a normal couple. If only they know every little truth about me. And him too. But mostly me. My story is more peculiar.