31

The plane finally lands in Seattle, signalling that our new life has officially begun. And so the hard part is over. Or is it?

Sure, we are in Seattle now. Big cities offer great opportunities. But where are we going to stay? We are homeless.

"Jake? What are we going to do now?", I ask him, trying not to show the anxiety hidden in my eyes. Who am I kidding? Of course one can tell whenever another one is anxious. That's indeed why God has given us eyes - not only to see but also to be seen... well, at least our true emotions. People can look you in the eyes and immediately tell that you're lying. Being dishonest can be so hard at times.

He looks at me with sadness in his eyes. That's new. "I'm afraid we'll have to stay in Seattle for longer. If we go straight to La Push, chances are we might be found."

I nod my head. He is right, unfortunately, "That's ok. I understand" 

He leans in and cups my head in his hands so that he can press his lips against my hair. "It will be alright. We will make it right," he coos in my ear. He always knows how to make me forget about the darkness of the reality we live in. That's what I love the most in him.

I snuggle in his embrace, as we pass by the people, waiting to collect their luggage and in no time we exit the airport, ready for everything that is waiting around the corner.